Playpen cover bag?

Jim_R

Reaction score
After I fold my cover port to starboard, and then again stern to bow to end up with it roughly the size needed to fit in under seat storage, I find I am perhaps adding to wear and tear by cramming it in that area. And then again perhaps even more so when pulling the folded cover out from said under seat storage. Today I was musing that an appropriately shaped canvas or sunbrella storage bag that I could slide the folded playpen into before "gently placing" the cover in the under seat storage area might save quite a bit of wear and tear. Does this product of my imagination already exist in reality?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bennington does offer a " Playpen storage bag " as an option . I think they are around $20.00

You might check some camping stuff stores as a sleeping bag "bag" would probably work. I know when I roll mine up, it's pretty close to the same size as a large sleeping bag.

The Bennington offered one is a mesh bag, I suppose that helps with moisture somewhat.

The Bennington offered one is a mesh bag, I suppose that helps with moisture somewhat
I wouldn't want an enclosed bag .If it is damp you have to let it dry out .

I have a lockable dock box at the marina ,mine goes it there when we are out .

I will have to take a look at the Bennington Playpen storage bag. Derrick and Jsb6pts make good points about moisture. I may have to look for a breathable fabric. My hopes were for something that would help shape the folded cover into a size appropriate for under seat storage, as well as protect it from abrasion as it is placed and removed. Very close to Semper's large sleeping bag cover concept. I'm not certain a mesh bag would accomplish these goals, but I will certainly add a breathable fabric to my wish list. Might have to brainstorm on this one a bit more.

I don't really have the need in my situation, but we had really nice sail bags for our sails that I believe are made of similar material as the sails themselves. They work very well for both protection and beathability as we'd just stuff them into available compartments without issue.

That is similar to the one bennington provides. I have an extra one if someone wants it. When I fold my cover up (dry) I put it inside my motor cover for transport and storage. PM me your address and I'll ship it out. First one gets it.
Pm sent .... :)

Thanks in advance, if still avail.

Just a thought, but I've sanded down all the rough plastic edges under the seats, and things like life jackets and cover go in much smoother. Something you could try if you haven't already.

I'm seeking an edging to wrap around, we've cut the backs of our hands one too many times.

My playpen cover goes into a large storage area next to the changing room in the rear of our toon or we just leave it in the Expedition..........

Ours goes in the dock box.

I'm seeking an edging to wrap around, we've cut the backs of our hands one too many times.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I used one of those 3M sanding sponges, and it worked VERY quickly since the sponge easily conforms to the shape of whatever you are trying to sand. I did the whole boat in about 10 minutes. No more snags on cloth or skin.

Why don't you try door edge guards. You can buy it in a roll and it will go around corners.

That is similar to the one bennington provides. I have an extra one if someone wants it. When I fold my cover up (dry) I put it inside my motor cover for transport and storage. PM me your address and I'll ship it out. First one gets it.
That's what I get for running off and doing research - missed this completely. Very nice offer Rockie69, and nice catch Semper!

I used the edging especially in that little holder on the inside of the console door. That always used to bite the back on my hands.

I have had three run ins with sharp plastic edge under the seats. I have cut the same finger, in the same spot, four times now. I definitely need to sand or place some type of guard.

Back