Playpen cover every night?

chap stick on the snaps works very well. I recoat  about twice a year.

What happens when the sun comes up early in the morning? Not covered? UV's go to work

We have had ours for 2 months now, only one night not covered, and that was because the mosquitoes were so bad when we came in after a night cruise,  I being was eaten alive. I agree with others that we spend alot of $$ on our boats and I will do my part to keep it in good condition. Some nights I will just do 1/2 the snaps knowing I will be out the next day and no real weather coming. I say too each their own, but I will cover mine almost all the time.

Bringing this thread back. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR SEATS ON A $30,000 plus boat when you don't spend 10 minutes covering it. Good luck with any kind of warranty issues.

Bringing this thread back. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR SEATS ON A $30,000 plus boat when you don't spend 10 minutes covering it. Good luck with any kind of warranty issues.

As new as this boat is, I have to believe that there are contributing factors to this.

I would suggest abuse from an animal?

If that is all sun, think how bad the mid-grade boats fair?

I don't think it's sun, I think it's birdcrap.

Yes, it's bird crap. Which would have just been covering the mooring cover, not the seats, carpet, and vinyl floor. We took better care of our $9000 used GillGetter.

Wow! And I thought barn swallows made a mess! I hate birds.

Say what you want but old eagle eye CWag sure can spot birdcrap

I call that the "pre Carl" look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help SemperFi :wacko:

3 am haircut? You're lucky you still have your eyebrows.

With a DIY cut like that, you'll have a 150 in no time from the money you'll save on haircuts.

And entry fees obtained at your circus booth!

Lakeliving now that one made me laugh out loud

Mine is always covered.  Now, if I take it off to use it and I KNOW it's not going to rain the next day then I still put the cover on an just snap a few snaps and I don't put the poles up...that way it take way less time to uncover it....but I still have the cover on because otherwise all the dew and bugs get on it during the night and makes a mess of everything.

A clean boat is a happy boat.....

A happy boat makes a happy owner......

Back