Playpen cover gathering water

D Alexander

Reaction score
During a recent heavy storm there were two areas of the cover that sagged down and filled with water. Since fully drying and reinstalling the cover the cover seems to be stretched out and again a small amount of water came in during a recent rain. Is there any way to return the cover to it's original shape?

Are you extending the support poles as far as you can?

Is it in the rear corners?

If so does yours have the strap that connects to the rear corners and goes over folded Bimini top ?

If so does yours have the strap that connects to the rear corners and goes over folded Bimini top ?
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!! That's what your supposed to do with that strap? All this time I wondered what the heck it was for, and what strapping it together was supposed to do. Thank you!! Haha. I used to get up on my old one and dump the water off that used to pool on the sundeck!Haha I'm a dork!

Derrick

Start at the stern of the boat with the poles and work forward extending them until they are fairly tight. Then take your 4th pole if you have a 4th pole, tip it upside-down and put it under where the cover is puddling and extend it under the cover making a 4th contact point. Works with mine.

Start at the stern of the boat with the poles and work forward extending them until they are fairly tight. Then take your 4th pole if you have a 4th pole, tip it upside-down and put it under where the cover is puddling and extend it under the cover making a 4th contact point. Works with mine.
That's what I do with mine. I get a pool of water over the starboard stern lounger. Then again, it hasn't rained here in almost 2 months!

Same here I wondered why those buckles were there. I am still having trouble envisioning that, could yiou post a pix

This is funny, was just going to post in here, we have a 2275RCW and water gathered in the port side rear lounger. I dumped it, but seems silly, the playpen cover is as tight as can be and it still accumulated there. Thought I was done with that issue when we lost the rear sundeck of our 2075GLi. Which also leads me to another I guess query, why didn't Bennington bring the playpen cover all the way down and cover the rear deck? Could of even had a FIFTH pole and never would be an issue. I guess when the time comes that I can build my SUPER GARAGE it won't be an issue either, but till then it sucks!

Derrick

I too had a puddle in front and a puddle in back, and this was the first time I've ever used the cover.

I'm numbering my telescoping poles #1 to #4 and marking the correct length of the poles with a Sharpie so I can quickly get'em adjusted tight.

I can see where I'll have to slightly climb under the cover to put up the last pole before closing the rear door.

Same here I wondered why those buckles were there. I am still having trouble envisioning that, could yiou post a pix
Sorry, not at lake, but clip strap in port buckle, go up over Bimini (in folded position) then back down to starboard clip. It just keeps the corners lifted up. I saw like 6 or so this way at the docks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the research, I'll start doing this

We haven't had any water pooling on our 2275GCW, but I am SO GLAD TO KNOW what that strap is for! Last week I finally just took it off and put it under the seat because we had no idea. LOL

We haven't had any water pooling on our 2275GCW, but I am SO GLAD TO KNOW what that strap is for! Last week I finally just took it off and put it under the seat because we had no idea. LOL
Well that's weird, you have the 2275GCW, I have the 2275RCW, mine doesn't have a strap on the playpen cover. I thought that maybe the '_CW's' didn't have a strap on them. Now I wonder if mine is missing it! Anyway you could snap a quick pic of yours for me? Thanks if you can!

Derrick

Edit, those pics that are posted, what model of boat are they? Is it a _CW? If so then I already have pics, I just thought it was a different model.

Well that's weird, you have the 2275GCW, I have the 2275RCW, mine doesn't have a strap on the playpen cover. I thought that maybe the '_CW's' didn't have a strap on them. Now I wonder if mine is missing it! Anyway you could snap a quick pic of yours for me? Thanks if you can!

Derrick

Edit, those pics that are posted, what model of boat are they? Is it a _CW? If so then I already have pics, I just thought it was a different model.
BC, I don't have the straps on my RCW either. So by that logic, we can deduce We both got ripped off or the RCW doesn't come with them. My boat did have a 5th pole given to me by mistake. That's the one I tuck in between the cushions of the rear lounger and extend upwards to push the pooling water over the rail.

Duplicate post. Damn iPhones!

Back