Playpen cover quick clip?

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Does anyone have this or know what the heck it is? I've never seen a picture of it/them or even anyone saying they have it. If you DO have it, does it work? Just curious is all. Thanks!

What does it look like?

Derrick, are you talking about the system that Premeir uses? It is one of the very few things that they have over a Bennington. Still not enough to make me buy one of their WAY over-priced toons. Steve

I'm talking about when you go to the boat builder and build a boat (for the 100th time like me) and there is an option down near the bottom and it says Playpen Cover Quick Clip, I don't know what it is and there is no picture. So I figured with all these people ordering new boats, that someone might have been curious and added it, or asked their dealer what the heck it is. TB any help? I know you want to start selling that $28 option!!! hehe

Derrick,

I added these to my boat, they are clips that attach the cover to the outer frame. I saw them on a model boat. My boat is supposed to come in on Fr. if it does I will take some Pics. We don't quit getting snow my boat might not get in the water until the 4th of July!!!

Good to hear! Do you think they are the same, better, or worse than the snaps for longevity, durability, and functionality?

I haven't seen them either but I had plastic wrap clips on both of my Harris pontoons and absolutely HATED them. They crack easily and are hard to replace without the right tool and anvil, which is impossible to get, unlike simple snaps which have a standard size. My dealer didn't even have them. If you happen to step on one while working with the cover, fuggetaboutit.

Ah...clips versus snaps, the age-old question. Never ones to be outdone, Bennington developed a new clip system for our boats last year, and we have introduced them as an option on the R series for 2013. The clips require a specific rail with a lip ridge. We learned two things about clips before we developed ours.

1. If a plastic clip breaks or cracks, you have to hunt down a canvas shop to sew new ones in place. (We developed our system with weightier plastic and clips that are attached to the canvas via snaps, so that a potentially broken clip can be replaced with a snap gun in the dealership, rather than with a sewing machine at a canvas shop.)

2. Some people love 'em, some people think they are a pain to use. (Hence, another OPTION is born!)

Snaps are easier to use when they get a bit of lubrication (such as Vaseline) once in a while. They also tend to be easier to use when you are putting a cover on solo. The clip system is fast and easy once you get used to it. both systems have pro's and cons.

TB

Last edited:
Thanks TB! Now, for the $64,000 question, do you have a picture or video of it being used? I know, I know, I'm a pain in the butt!!

Snaps are easier to use when they get a bit of lubrication (such as Vaseline) once in a while. TB
Remember ..... a little bit goes a long way !!! Don't put 1/2 the jar on the snaps or you'll have it all over the place when you fold the top !!! :D

Remember ..... a little bit goes a long way !!! Don't put 1/2 the jar on the snaps or you'll have it all over the place when you fold the top !!! :D
I seem to recall a lot of folks recommending chapstick, to the point where they started calling it snapstick. Probably a lot less messy to apply. Also folks wouldn't look at you funny for storing it on the boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to recall a lot of folks recommending chapstick, to the point where they started calling it snapstick. Probably a lot less messy to apply. Also folks wouldn't look at you funny for storing it on the boat.
We've used Chapstick on snaps for years and it works very well.

Here are some pictures of the quick clips. This is on a 2013 RCW. It looks like they break very easy. The first time I used my new cover two of the clips where already broken, then I managed to break one taking the cover off. They are very finicky to use !!image.jpg

Thanks Steve!! That's a great first post!! An embedded picture, plus you answered / showed something no one else ever has before!! Well done and welcome!!

Thanks Derrick

I have learned a lot of valuable information in Club Bennington. I'm glad to contribute

Back