Playpen cover warranty

tercel

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Bennington SF and had the cover tear last week while it was on, evidently from wind. I wasn't even thinking about the warranty, and ask the local dealer who they recommended to fix it. I took it there and they just called back and said it was unfixable as even when they picked it up or laid it over the table it ore in other places as evidently the fabric is rotten. My question is whether this should be covered by the Bennington warranty? I called my dealer but they have not yet returned my call.

Bennington covered a boat cover for me under warranty. They gave me the option of a repair or a new one and I chose the new one. I regretted it a little because they new one seemed thinner but they insisted it was the same. A good canvas guy can fix anything if you do want it repaired but I'm sure they'll take care of you either way.

Yup, should be covered unless abuse or neglect is apparent.

The seams on mine are fraying. One came open. I'm no longer under the 5 year warranty for our 2012.

Suggestions for fixing seams? Glue? Lighter?

Bring it to a canvas shop.

Had mine replaced under warranty, I actually took it to a canvas place to be repaired first and they told me it was defective/thin so I then went to the dealer. They replaced the cover but didn't cover the snap installation costs.

Wow ... my dealer replaced my old boats cover twice, and that included snap installation ....

Yeah, I'm not thrilled to say the least with this dealer. I took in over the winter specifically for X (very visible upholstery issue). They kept it a over a month and never did fix X and blamed ????. Someone didn't write it down properly. I brought my buddy when I dropped it off who saw what I told their guy and it's my fault he didn't write it down properly? I wasn't about to leave it with them another month+. I'm not a happy camper as I could feel the "we don't care" attitude when talking to them. Plus: it's an hour drive each way so that added to my disappointment, driving 2 hours for nothing.

Can you take it to the dealer ?

Follow up to original question: Not at all happy with Bennington! They agreed to cover the playpen cover under warranty, then sent the WRONG cover to the dealer about four weeks ago. The dealer told me they were sending the prober cover. After four weeks of waiting and checking weekly on the cover, Bennington told the dealer to take the new one they sent to a canvas shop and have them cut it to the right size. The dealer said they have had this happen 3-4 times already this summer. What is going on at Bennington? My pontoon has now been uncovered almost two months without a playpen cover, due to their mixups.

Where is the cover you are replacing? Isn't it on your boat? Ours was replaced years ago, but I still had the old one until the new one was fitted with snaps.

The old cover is at the dealer. It is NOT usable, as the wind tear is almost three quarters across the middle of the cover and anytime you pick it up it tears more and in other places, per the canvas shop that was going to fix it.

Back