Playpen Cover

Looneymoose

Reaction score
We just had a good rain storm over night. In the late morning I removed the play pen cover off of my 2011 20Sli. I found water everywhere wet seats, water in my live well, wet helm, wet helm chair, wet carpet, water on the table. Everywere I have a seam I have water. At the end of the day I put the cover back on then crawled in the stern door and I could see light coming through most if not all seams. Team Bennington how can we solve this problem????

Last edited by a moderator:
After a very heavy storm I did have some leaking, it was mainly across the last seam area of stern cover. I have a 2250 and the edge of the carpet where it meets the vinly floor got wet, otherwise the other 90% of the boat was dry. Inside. The cover is only 1 year old, but not holding up very well at the seam around the bimini top are starting to pull apart, and the underside of the cover is showing alot of mildew damage. I purchase it new last month, it was a 2010 left over that had seen a season of outdoor storage. Perhaps the cover was not cared for well, either way the cover is not up to the beautiful build standard of the rest of the boat.

We just had a good rain storm over night. In the late morning I removed the play pen cover off of my 2011 20Sli. I found water everywhere wet seats, water in my live well, wet helm, wet helm chair, wet carpet, water on the table. Everywere I have a seam I have water. At the end of the day I put the cover back on then crawled in the stern door and I could see light coming through most if not all seams. Team Bennington how can we solve this problem????

After a very heavy storm I did have some leaking, it was mainly across the last seam area of stern cover. I have a 2250 and the edge of the carpet where it meets the vinly floor got wet, otherwise the other 90% of the boat was dry. Inside. The cover is only 1 year old, but not holding up very well at the seam around the bimini top are starting to pull apart, and the underside of the cover is showing alot of mildew damage. I purchase it new last month, it was a 2010 left over that had seen a season of outdoor storage. Perhaps the cover was not cared for well, either way the cover is not up to the beautiful build standard of the rest of the boat.
Same here on our 20sli first rain had water on seat, floor ect. Treated the cover with 303 protectant and have been through several big rain storms since and absolutely no leaks now. This stuff works! others on this site speak highly of 303.

Since I purchased the 2010 boat "as new" (left over sale) last month I am first going to talk to the dealer about a replacement cover as this one has mildew damage that will shorten it's life. If I am successful at getting a new cover 1st thing I will do is apply 303. Thanks

Same here on our 20sli first rain had water on seat, floor ect. Treated the cover with 303 protectant and have been through several big rain storms since and absolutely no leaks now. This stuff works! others on this site speak highly of 303.

Thank You I will give 303 a try. I put it on my seat's the first day we used our new pontoon. I also put it on the carpet and as I said when I found water on the carpet it was all beaded up and easy clean up. It has just been so windy and raining so much this spring and I am only up at the cabin on weekends. It has been a crappy spring/summer so far in Northwestern Wisconsin. I don't have a building where I could lay it out and spray the cover in a no wind condition. I have been waiting for a calm day where I could just spray it on. My concerns were that I could see light through all the seams. I do not know how 303 could stop that.

Perhaps some seam sealer like you would use on a camping tent? I remember when we used to tent camp, there was always a note in a new tent suggesting a seam sealer. Just a thought...

Interesting that I just purchased my Bennington in late May and I too am having the stitches around the bimini supports come loose too. I haven't had an issue with the water leaking in yet, but after last night storms here in Chicago the hard rain and strong winds would have given the playpen cover a test.

I believe the playpen cover is covered by the 5 year warranty. If so, I am going to ask my dealer to order a new playpen cover for me. It is a shame that the stitching is coming undone.

Update: I checked my boat this morning, everything was dry with the exception of some dampness by the side doors.

Update: I checked my boat this morning, everything was dry with the exception of some dampness by the side doors.
Good to hear, I heard from family in Addison and surrounding sub's it was a brief but hair raising event. I can't make it to the cabin this weekend. Will be in Chicago sub's this weekend. I hope it my last trip down this summer. Weather permiting I can 303 my cover next weekend. Where do you boat in the Chicago area?

Hi guys, just correcting myself, make sure you use the 303 fabric guard on the cover, I mentioned the 303 protectant (which is for vinyl surfaces) in my previous reply, on my 20sli I ended up using 2 32oz bottles applied per their instructions, still no leaks.

I have the boat up on the Chain O'Lakes in the Fox Lake area. No visible signs of damage at the marina, and the only thing I had to do was tighten up the dock lines.

I have the boat up on the Chain O'Lakes in the Fox Lake area. No visible signs of damage at the marina, and the only thing I had to do was tighten up the dock lines.
I use to dock my boat in Grass Lake about 40 years ago. Then I switched to Bang's Lake in Waucanda until I moved to Wisconsin in 1982. Lot's of great memories on Bangs lake

Hi guys, just correcting myself, make sure you use the 303 fabric guard on the cover, I mentioned the 303 protectant (which is for vinyl surfaces) in my previous reply, on my 20sli I ended up using 2 32oz bottles applied per their instructions, still no leaks.

[/quot

Yes, and Thank You. I bought a gallon of the fabric guard and one 32oz bottle for the vinyl. I alway use it on my hot tub cover. I will see how it goes but with seeing light throught the seams, I must way I am not very optomistic at the moment.

Back