Playpen RCW

Sanity3

Reaction score
I am waiting for the day the dealer calls to tell me my benny is in. So as I wait I have been reading the forum. The forum is great so many folks ask questions and those questions lead into great discussions. My question is does anyone know if the playpen cover on a 2375RCW covers the aft deck or does it stop at the SS rails?  

Open or Closed Stern ?

This is the open ,stern .

I think it is Derricks .

Last edited by a moderator:
our cover does not cover the ski platform.

Could it be for ventilation reasons ?

Our RCWCP is open stern like Derricks above, I love the cover except for this "shortage" on the back end, Maybe the Bennington folks could tell us why it does not cover the rear deck completely. Our local dealer has sent my cover off to be modified, to snap over the ladder rails and rear deck completely. (I will have to pay for that modification) We had ordered the Seafoam Grass flooring back there I want to protect that. Now if that was vinyl back there I may feel a little bit differently. 

JR Texas 

Yup,that is mine. I hate the fact that it doesn't cover it. For a couple reasons. I have had a cat get under it when it was raining, thank god it didn't spray or use it as a bathroom, I have had a squirrel trying to get in there, he was on the deck when we saw him and started shooing her off. I say her because it had babies under my shed, thank god not in the boat!! PLUS I hate the leaves getting on the rear deck after the rain and I have to try and sweep/clean them all off so it doesn't wreck my $2000 option teak! Yup, sure wish it covered it. I have voiced this concern many times, apparently just to hear myself talk sometimes. 

Someone say something ... ????? ;-)

Didn't hear anything here  B)

I will let this group know what it cost me to modify the cover, I should know next week. I am guessing $200/300. Well worth it to me.

JR

I will let this group know what it cost me to modify the cover, I should know next week. I am guessing $200/300. Well worth it to me.

JR
Thanks that would be nice to know, now that I just realized our new boat that I have on order will have the extended aft, so I am guessing I will possibly have some of the same issues 

Someone say something ... ????? ;-)

Didn't hear anything here  B)
Haha, if you were referring to my rant at the end, no, I just had tried to get the Bennington to do something before about it, ie voice my concerns and even started a poll to see if people were interested in having the cover over the rear deck even if it was an option that cost money from the factory, never went or heard anything about it. I was trying to get the rep to take the new cover they made for me to a shop and have it altered before they shipped it to me, unfortunately that didn't work out. There are no true canvas shops anywhere near me, minimum 4 hour drive to get to one and they would want me to leave my boat. Well that isn't going to happen, so I am out of luck. Boating isn't a huge industry, not at all actually, in my area so I would have to try and get a local upholstery lady to do it. She is good, made us a nice kennel cover, but for something like this I would be nervous since if she screws up, I'm screwed! Haha. As it is I have to try to get her to install the snaps on my cover, which I know she is capable of, but hate to try and get the boat to her, hopefully she will just come to my house and do it.

2-3 hundred is not bad at all  . But is the reason ventilation ? 

I doubt the ventilation thing, having the rear deck exposed makes water issues worse since now all the water from the cover runs down onto the deck and will sit there and I have to keep the jack wheel extended as high as I can to try and keep the water running OFF the back deck instead of INTO the boat! 

Mine snaps along the top of the play pen and leaves the rear open . I do have vinyl floor there so the rug doesn't get wet. The boat does lean back rain water runs off but a full cover would be much better. The snaps are high to reach as it is now, so I need a step stool to get to them and I'm 6' Snap to the guard rail would be so easy Once Bennington got a template their cost would be material only. I'd guess that the vinyl will get pores in time and the wood gets wet next.

Quote from the Dallas dealer, to modify the rear of the play pen cover, At the most $570.00, ouch.(They told me same quality and material as the Bennington cover) There went my 300.00 budget.

Will get pictures posted as soon as I can, A few weeks out though.

Regards

Yup,that is mine. I hate the fact that it doesn't cover it. For a couple reasons. I have had a cat get under it when it was raining, thank god it didn't spray or use it as a bathroom, I have had a squirrel trying to get in there, he was on the deck when we saw him and started shooing her off. I say her because it had babies under my shed, thank god not in the boat!! PLUS I hate the leaves getting on the rear deck after the rain and I have to try and sweep/clean them all off so it doesn't wreck my $2000 option teak! Yup, sure wish it covered it. I have voiced this concern many times, apparently just to hear myself talk sometimes.

Hey Derrick you must have had a typo in your post... I think you meant "shooting her off"

Im sure the answer is easy but on the same note... are you making use of that strap that on back end of the cover? 

Big thing that I would keep an eye on is the sag over the rear loungers.

Per my canvas guy, reason it is attached so close is to keep it as tight as possible. I had a problem with the cover getting too much water pooling over the rear loungers and water seeping in and ended up going back to the original design with a couple extra snap points.

Back