Polaris Inc buys Bennington

Hosstyle

Reaction score
Was at my dealer on the weekend and he mentioned that Polaris Inc has bought Bennington Pontoon boats. He mentioned that during the transition it has been very difficult getting parts. Has anyone else had any issues now that Polaris is the new owner?

The sale of Bennington to Polaris occurred about a year ago .

the sale did, but the transition to the new systems is just starting apparently. I have an issue with one of my seats, it has been approved for warranty replacement. The seat is not expected until mid December. This was sent in July

I'm sure there will be some transitional pains but I'm hopeful it will get better. It took me 12 seats to get a new helm seat in 2013 for my last boat.

I was told 6 weeks for warranty pontoon, playpen cover and Bimini boot. The clock started 09/04

It has always taken a long time to get parts from Bennington. Long before Polaris was the owner this has been a problem. Mainly as result of the massive volume of boats Bennington sells. Tough for suppliers to keep up.

Waiting on Bimini canvas and seat support rods for the removable cushions on my 2550 RCL. Was told 6 weeks for the Bimini and have been expecting the rods for 10 days now. Ordered mid Aug.

Took 4 months for me to get a new Bimini.

Dealer called yesterday late afternoon with a voicemail that all my "Parts" were in. I'm sure that means the 3 seat support bars I ordered but wouldn't it be nice if it also meant the Bimini canvas I ordered at the same time?

If they don't have my Bimini in 6 weeks, I'll cancel the order with a piece of my mind and get it made locally for probably half the price.

All parts mentioned above are vendor provided.
It seems that vendors are the most common bottleneck. Pretty sure that "Polaris" will not be a root cause for any issues.

Dealer called yesterday late afternoon with a voicemail that all my "Parts" were in. I'm sure that means the 3 seat support bars I ordered but wouldn't it be nice if it also meant the Bimini canvas I ordered at the same time?

If they don't have my Bimini in 6 weeks, I'll cancel the order with a piece of my mind and get it made locally for probably half the price.

I just wanted to follow up that I called Max back at Leader Marine in Nashville this morning and he said both my support bars AND the new Bimini arrived at the store yesterday!

So I got my top in right at or less than 4 weeks.

Still waiting on a gas sending unit. Thinking about buying a high ranking unit from Amazon, and just keeping the one that comes in, for a spare.

Back