Polished Toons

Landscaper2009

Reaction score
So I have been thinking about getting the toons polished on my boat since I bought it. After seeing some other boats on a FB group I decided to bite the bullet and get it done. I will say...at least for me...I am overly impressed with the way it came out. There is still some finishing touches and a final buff but I love it./gallery/album_833/gallery_6882_833_307924.jpg/monthly_2017_05/large.Polished_Toons.jpg.a1806333a406e486e683e0940a395dc7.jpg/monthly_2017_05/large.Polished_Toons_2.jpg.2f961ada1a0171c5045207aa2fe82be0.jpg

Looks great! Are they also going to Sharkhide it?!? 

Beautiful!! I'd definitely Sharkhide them!

Nice!. Who did it?

Wow, looks great!

Nice ! Can we ask ?  $$$ ? Well worth it.

I had a local metal polishing guy do it. He charged me $800 for outside of toons and inside back to the welds of the nose cone.

Nice!. Who did it?

I had a local metal polishing guy do it. He was a referral from another Tooner. The dealer wanted twice what he charged.

Looks great! Are they also going to Sharkhide it?!? 

I am going to discuss Sharkhyde but I want to make sure it will not affect or dull the finish. Not sure we need it as our boat is does not stay in the water and we wipe down after every trip.

Looks awesome. Your boat was already a real head turner before, can't imagine the looks you'll get now.

Looks awesome. Your boat was already a real head turner before, can't imagine the looks you'll get now.

Thanks Lakeliving...It was a conversation starter at the sandbar this weekeknd.

Wow! Simply. Wow! Personally, I would sharkhide it to help protect your investment. I personally don't have it on my toons but looking at pictures of boats that do, it appears to do a great job.

My dealer won't provide such service and I've yet to find someone local that will, but I keep looking.

Very nice ! You will Sharkhide before putting in the water? Keep them looking pretty.

I already had it in the water. Wiped clean with ease using Boat Bling Hot Sauce.

Wow! Simply. Wow! Personally, I would sharkhide it to help protect your investment. I personally don't have it on my toons but looking at pictures of boats that do, it appears to do a great job.

My dealer won't provide such service and I've yet to find someone local that will, but I keep looking.

If you can find someone who does the Airstream trailers or big semi aluminum tanks that will be your guy. Check with local dealers or truck stops.

That looks awesome!  I still have all the tools for the job in my mancave.  It warmed up here, so my free time has been spent boating.  :)   Hopefully I'll have some pics of mine soon!

If you can find someone who does the Airstream trailers or big semi aluminum tanks that will be your guy. Check with local dealers or truck stops.

Hey Landscaper, thanks for the tip. Never crossed my mind to consider searching for that. :)

Those polished toons absolutely make a statement on your boat. And I'd ask the polisher what he would suggest doing to keep them looking good. With the boat staying on the trailer,the toons should hold up for a long time!

He did tell me as long as I am consistent about wiping down (which I am) I should easily get 4+ years

Back