Pontoon guide ons

Rcornbleet

Reaction score
I have a 2013 2550 rcl tritoon with the esp package. Was wanting to know if anyone has had any experience/info on the Extreme Max heavy duty pontoon guide ons. Would they be compatible for a center tubed pontoon and how well they worked.

Hi Rcornbleet Hit the Search bar in the upper right hand corner put in Guides and you will be able to see what members have come up with for the best Guides. If that doesn't work members will chime in!

Those look very similar to what I have. However I additionally added outside guides as the Extreme guides will likely be under water when the trailer is down the ramp. The exterior guides are very visible and makes for easy loading. Plus in windy conditions you can pivot against the guides if needed to align the boat to the trailer.

EB79507C-86CE-4263-9955-C1C50C39A705.jpeg
I have 2 pair of Extreme style guides

D2D0FFAD-D529-4F8D-ADF6-43BA034460A2.jpeg
As you can see the exterior guides are pretty tall.

Hope this helps.

We had 1 pair of 45" Extreme Max outside guides on our 2017 22 SSRCX (that we just traded our 2013 Benny in for) that previous owner had installed. We went out the other day in the wind and still got crossed up on trailer. Got the trusty credit card out and ordered 2 sets of Veve heavy duty 45" guides and 3 pairs of 36" padded black canvas sleeves to pull over PVC pipes. It might be overkill but hope it helps. Haven't been in water yet to test. Plan on painting with black rust oleum eventually. We only go in fresh water so didn't get galvanized models.IMG_4402.jpgIMG_4401.jpgIMG_4398.jpg

You can’t go wrong with help. I had difficulty seeing my back guides with the trailer deep enough in the water so I could essentially float on to the trailer. So I added an extension to help me line up.

I have the tall exterior ones and like them. Must have if you’re in any current.

We had 1 pair of 45" Extreme Max outside guides on our 2017 22 SSRCX (that we just traded our 2013 Benny in for) that previous owner had installed. We went out the other day in the wind and still got crossed up on trailer. Got the trusty credit card out and ordered 2 sets of Veve heavy duty 45" guides and 3 pairs of 36" padded black canvas sleeves to pull over PVC pipes. It might be overkill but hope it helps. Haven't been in water yet to test. Plan on painting with black rust oleum eventually. We only go in fresh water so didn't get galvanized models.View attachment 27193View attachment 27194View attachment 27195
jhill I like that color combo you got there! looks nice!

jhill I like that color combo you got there! looks nice!
Thanks.... our first 2013 Benny was Champagne (all one color, no contrasting accent) and looked real rich. This 2017 is sunset red with black accent but it looks sometimes burgundy, sometimes a shade of brown depending on sun or shade. I tow it with a 2019 Ram Rebel that is flame red over black so it is a good match. Seems to catch peoples eye as we always get compliments. I love this boat ....more power....unrealIMG_0057.jpg handling with SPS.....better seat layout for us......all the important options and electric assisted power steering which makes carving tight turns a real kick in the butt!!! Plan on changing out the mailbox address looking license numbers for some nice silver letters with a cleaner font directly on black (without the background decal)0EA98438-A1EB-4D15-A9F8-BB0B2A3C8C92_1_105_c.jpeg5A5617C2-A759-4F97-BF5E-64D42BAA2D93.jpeg

Last edited:
Boat looks good jhill. I have never been big on Dodge trucks, but I do really like yours in the pictures above. It is really sporty looking. Sharp!!!

Factory Hellcat engine in the Ram next year:)

Boat looks good jhill. I have never been big on Dodge trucks, but I do really like yours in the pictures above. It is really sporty looking. Sharp!!!
Thanks....I custom ordered every option except built in Rambox storage in sides of bed and etorque start/stop. The back seat has leg room like a limousine. Interior is like a high end luxury car and very quiet cab. Last truck was a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins that only had 64,000 miles after 16 years. Hadn't been to a dealer for service since 2005. Only needed routine oil change, etc....... This new one is 2 years old with 10,000 miles and has not been back to dealer for anything. (does have a couple of little recalls so I will take it in eventually) 3 level adjustable ...4 corner air suspension rides smooth and excellent handling. Love this thing and Hemi 5.7 400 hp with Magnaflow throaty exhaust makes it a hotrod of sorts. Factory 33" Duratrac tires, 4x4, plus an electronic locking rear diff makes it ideal for snow, etc. And will haul 1 ton of wood pellets for heat stove sitting level! Did I mention that I love this thing? Ram just knocked Chevrolet out of 2nd place in sales so Ford F150 just redid their outdated interior to compete in 2021. :cool:

Yes but Ram is installing the Hellcat engine in the the Ram for 2021. As the article today said Ford brought a knife to the gunfight this year.
Ford's motor in the transmission is nice but not a game-changer.
My problem is that the electric trucks might get 250 miles. Tomorrow I am driving 500 miles in the middle of nowhere. I need one gas station tomorrow night and I can get home. For lots of fleets that range will work and things could turn to fuel cells. I still need to tow for 14 hours to Canada and electric will not work.

Yes but Ram is installing the Hellcat engine in the the Ram for 2021. As the article today said Ford brought a knife to the gunfight this year.
Ford's motor in the transmission is nice but not a game-changer.
My problem is that the electric trucks might get 250 miles. Tomorrow I am driving 500 miles in the middle of nowhere. I need one gas station tomorrow night and I can get home. For lots of fleets that range will work and things could turn to fuel cells. I still need to tow for 14 hours to Canada and electric will not work.
.........And many buyers still want a V8 rumble!!! The Raptor may be really cool and have lots of performance, but sounds goofy without a V8 engine under the hood. My 2019 Rebel had an optional 33 gallon tank which I ordered !!! If you drive it easy, you can get decent mileage. If hotrodding it, well not so good. 8 speed transmission works well

I think it was in lowest air suspension setting in pictures called "entry/exit" mode as I had just washed it and easier to reach roof. There is an "aero" mode for freeway driving, "normal" mode for routine driving, and "off road mode" as being highest available setting. Can back up to trailer tongue in "entry/exit" with rear camera, then raise suspension to pick up trailer weight and drop hitch on ball. Life is tough.....lol

We had 1 pair of 45" Extreme Max outside guides on our 2017 22 SSRCX (that we just traded our 2013 Benny in for) that previous owner had installed. We went out the other day in the wind and still got crossed up on trailer. Got the trusty credit card out and ordered 2 sets of Veve heavy duty 45" guides and 3 pairs of 36" padded black canvas sleeves to pull over PVC pipes. It might be overkill but hope it helps. Haven't been in water yet to test. Plan on painting with black rust oleum eventually. We only go in fresh water so didn't get galvanized models.

Those look very similar to what I have. However I additionally added outside guides as the Extreme guides will likely be under water when the trailer is down the ramp. The exterior guides are very visible and makes for easy loading. Plus in windy conditions you can pivot against the guides if needed to align the boat to the trailer.

View attachment 26730
I have 2 pair of Extreme style guides

View attachment 26731
As you can see the exterior guides are pretty tall.

Hope this helps.

Even with all the additional Guides I still needed some more help. I found that I still had trouble seeing the Guides when I had the trailer backed in deep enough so I could float my Benny onto the trailer. So I added some extensions. I found these on West Marine. It does help!

503F3CCE-38F5-4A9B-A655-9A6BD82514B8.jpeg

Back