Pontoon Leak

Bentoon

Reaction score
media_nothumb.png
I have heard bubbles after launching from day one and recently noticed the same sound after driving fast. I  peaked under the boat after pulling into slip and saw bubbles! I then took a short video attached. looks like it is on the seam behind the lifting strake. if it was a strak weld... easy enough to fix. seam behind weld... new pontoon?

Might b me, but I can't see video. Can u upload to YouTube and link the video here?

I could not view either in chrome but I could in windows explorer in the gallery only, looks like the bubbles are coming from the lifting strake filling with water again. See how long it bubbles, if it stops my guess it is the strake if not then maybe the toon..

Last edited by a moderator:
Bubbles from the strakes are normal.

Also, if both sides of the boat are bubbling, it's highly likely the strakes are just filling with water. Once you stop the boat, the strakes drop below the water line, and bubble as they fill.

Scared the crap out of me the first time I noticed that.

Bubbels from Port strake only and will last for almost 10 minutes after high speed run or launch.

Bentoon, Echoman,

I understand your concern, and no harm in having your dealer check it out, but are either of you seeing any other symptoms of a problem? speed loss, boat listing, or a change in how the boat sits in the water?

There is a lot of space inside those strakes, and depending on where the high spot is and how large the opening for the air to escape, i could see it taking a while to get the air out.

If there is a leak, and you have used your boat several times, i would think you should see other things happening besides just the bubbles.

Back