Pontoon Lift Bunks / ESP Package

fieldeagle

Reaction score
I am trying to find out what type of bunks I need for a Bennington with the ESP package. I am new to pontoons and have

a 2075 R on order with the ESP package. I have heard that some of the lifting strakes have been damaged with certain bunks.

Any help on this would be awesome.

Are you talking about a trailer or a boat lift to store it on a lake? If you are talking about a trailer you will need to use a bunk style trailer that has bunks that look like a tray and sit under the outside pontoons. I have not seen a boat lift for a tritoon, but I would think it would have to have similar bunks. The hard part is that you have to get the bunks pretty deep either way.

Are you talking about a trailer or a boat lift to store it on a lake? If you are talking about a trailer you will need to use a bunk style trailer that has bunks that look like a tray and sit under the outside pontoons. I have not seen a boat lift for a tritoon, but I would think it would have to have similar bunks. The hard part is that you have to get the bunks pretty deep either way.
Thanks for the reply. I am talking about a pontoon lift. On the lake we are one in southeast Michigan, it seems everyone has their pontoon on a lift. I like the idea of not having to worry about waves from other boats or a storm will cause the pontoon to knock into the dock and damage the dock or the boat. (These boats and docks are not cheap). The lift I am looking at does not have the bunks running the entire lenght of the lift, but they cradel under the pontoons in the front and the back. Dealer tried to tell me that I could pick up the pontoon under the two outside pontoons, but I think I am going to go a head and spend the extra money and have bunks for the middle toon also.

If you have bunks that only go under the pontoons at the front and rear adjust them so that they sit under the bulkheads of the pontoon, There is a weld line going around the pontoon at the bulkhead. Seems like there are a lot of us in club Bennington in SE Michigan, what lake are you on?

I am trying to find out what type of bunks I need for a Bennington with the ESP package. I am new to pontoons and have

a 2075 R on order with the ESP package. I have heard that some of the lifting strakes have been damaged with certain bunks.

Any help on this would be awesome.

I own a 2275Rli ESP, and my lift actually supports the boat under the deck .. I merely drive over the upright carpet covered bunks (elevated about 2-3 feet above carraige) and lift the boat. Very tricky getting the exact distance correct when adjusting the bunks, but once done, very simple to dock/undock.

Back