pontoon on bunk.....

Hosstyle

Reaction score
I just picked up my boat from the dealer who had it for a minor warranty issue. This is how I got it back. Shouldn't my pontoon be to the back of the bunks? There is 16" of bunk behind the toons.
trailer.jpg

I just picked up my boat from the dealer who had it for a minor warranty issue. This is how I got it back. Shouldn't my pontoon be to the back of the bunks? There is 16" of bunk behind the toons.
View attachment 26815
A better question would be......Is your pontoon boat resting against the "stops" in the front???

Is this their trailer? Not enough info to tell what is going on.

my trailer. Yes the pontoon is right up against the stops on the mast at the front. Might have been this way when I originally bought the boat last year and just noticed. The work they did was interior so they would not of had to move the boat

my trailer. Yes the pontoon is right up against the stops on the mast at the front. Might have been this way when I originally bought the boat last year and just noticed. The work they did was interior so they would not of had to move the boat
You're all right then.....

Mine looks just like yours. Pontoons do not need to be lined up precisely with the end of the bunks. They just need to have bunks under them. It's all about tongue weight. The only way to get the correct tongue weight is to move the boat forward or backwards to shift the weight. Trailers do not match boats as precisely as you may be thinking. As others said, you're alright. Just thought I'd add this.

+1 on the important issue is the tongue weight. Get to a CAT scale at a truck stop and measure the tongue weight. It will take you 5 minutes. I am sure YouTube can show you.

Back