Pontoon Paddle

WoodenPontoon

Reaction score
Found this on-line www.pontoonpaddle.com  Does anyone nave any experience with this?  I may soon own one, but I'd like any of your thoughts.  Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it hard to believe a pontoon can be paddled with anything known to man. I've tried it a couple times. Better to carry a portable trolling motor and battery, enough to get to a safe spot or some help ...

You can paddle a pontoon fine as long as you are going with the wind.

Watching someone try to paddle a pontoon would be fun to watch...similar to sitting at a boat ramp watching all the fun on a weekend. I don't even carry a paddle in my bass boat. I tried once, discovered that the only way to move it was to have two people paddling on opposite sides at the same time. I can travel miles with my trolling motor if it comes to that.

To keep it simple I bought a Bennington with a Yamaha outboard so I don't have to paddle

Good one link! Our lake is small so I could throw a 15' line and latch onto a passing boat and get towed around.

I carry a little paddle on my boat...need it to keep the kids in line and once in a while the wife gets a little frisky ;)

Sounds like you need a bucket of cold water! Easy boy!

I think your arms will look like Popeye by the time you go 100 yards with that thing.

I tried to paddle my old toon. Didn't make much headway until another boater took pity on me and tossed us a line.

Looks like a lot of work, I'd just call Tow Boat US.    :p

My dealer includes a paddle with the safety equipment package  ,that comes with every boat they sell .

I tried to paddle my old toon. Didn't make much headway until another boater took pity on me and tossed us a line.
Now there's the best reason to have a paddle yet!

Now there's the best reason to have a paddle yet! Especially if you act like your dying...

Now there's the best reason to have a paddle yet! Especially if you act like your dying... Someone will stop and help.

I'm curious... Wood (pardon the pun) you not be better suited to whittle something out of wood? ;)

I'm curious... Wood (pardon the pun) you not be better suited to whittle something out of wood? ;)
I have looked at the videos for this paddle and have thought briefly about making one out of wood.  I really think the concept of pushing the pontoon has merit.

I am sure that the aluminum version would be store better and weigh less than a similar wooden version.  Not to mention the time required to build something I would hope to never use or have anyone see!

Who are you kidding Dan, if you thought like that you would have just bought the Bennington rather than carving one.  I see you slipping down to the cellar at night to work on the paddle

My Squid Pontoon Paddle arrived this week.  Construction quality seems good, very lite-weight!  I could never have done anything in wood to even come close to this.

Back