Pontoon Pitting

Jerry...I am dealing with this exact issue!! 2012 Bennington 20 SLM. What was your solution? I am still working with my boat dealer and Bennington to see what my options are. Interesting that my neighbors pontoon boats do not have this corrosion like I do. (Bennington and Harris)

Attachments

• IMG-1694.jpg
    IMG-1694.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-1695.jpg
    IMG-1695.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-1696.jpg
    IMG-1696.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 25
That doesn't look good! Any more details? Where do you boat? Looks like it stays in the water vs a lift.

I live in lower Michigan so the boat stays in the water from May to November. The canal that it is docked in is treated for weeds. I think the chemicals are causing it although my neighbors boats do not have this issue. I’m questioning Bennington quality of aluminum used for the pontoons. I am still waiting to see what they say.

I’m from lower Michigan and had our boat up there for 4 seasons and never had an issue. We stored ours on a lift but all the other pontoons on the lake sat in the water. None had that issue and the lake was treated for weeds as well. Does your dock have power or does a neighbors. This could be the result of stray current eating it up. There is a member on here that had some issues with that and it ate up his toons.

Back