pontoon vs tritoon

how many toons do you have under your bennington

• Total voters

rob

Reaction score
pontoon vs tritoon what do you prefer and why? my local dealership tells me they sell tritoons 4 to 1 over pontoons

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Mastercraft for sking and a Bennington 22' 2 pontoon with a 50 hp outboard for social cruising. A tritoon is not as good for sking as a real ski boat and a powerfull tritoon would not be as economical and easy to tow as my pontoon. The only reason for a powerfull tritoon is if you can only have one boat.

I have a Mastercraft for sking and a Bennington 22' 2 pontoon with a 50 hp outboard for social cruising. The only reason for a powerfull tritoon is if you can only have one boat.
Good point, Clark!

pontoon vs tritoon what do you prefer and why? my local dealership tells me they sell tritoons 4 to 1 over pontoons
We now have a 22 foot Bennington Tri Toon with performance package. We have had many boats including a another Bennington POn Toon. We decided we just needed one boat, we selectedthe tri toon for many reasons. It is better in rough water, speed andbetter for all around use. We can go slow with the grand children or speed along by oursleves and still have plenty of room. We selected a Yamaha 150 HP for our boat, if you decide on a tri toon do not under power it.

Deck Hand,

I am trying to decide on whether to go with a 150 hp or larger motor. What kind of top speed and cruise performance numbers to you get with your set up? To do it all over again, would you have gone with a larger motor? We plan on using ours for some tubing and water sports and may have 8 people on board. What do you advise?

We now have a 22 foot Bennington Tri Toon with performance package. We have had many boats including a another Bennington POn Toon. We decided we just needed one boat, we selectedthe tri toon for many reasons. It is better in rough water, speed andbetter for all around use. We can go slow with the grand children or speed along by oursleves and still have plenty of room. We selected a Yamaha 150 HP for our boat, if you decide on a tri toon do not under power it.

Our dealer convinced us to go with the express toon package, he said it could handle the waves much better with more people on the boat

Only way I would do a 2 tube is with dual elipticle tubes. B)

Only way I would do a 2 tube is with dual elipticle tubes. B)
Truth be told, I wouldn't buy anything less than 3 tubes with lifting strakes and wave shield; and having personally experienced an ESP setup with a wave shield, I would pretty much START there.

But that's just me.

Truth be told, I wouldn't buy anything less than 3 tubes with lifting strakes and wave shield; and having personally experienced an ESP setup with a wave shield, I would pretty much START there.

But that's just me.
I agree 100% having had a regular 07 triple tube with wave shield and lifting strakes on both sides of alll 3 tubes and now having a 2011 tripple tube esp. but was just throwing out my opinion of what I would do for a 2 tube at minimum.

Our dealer convinced us to go with the express toon package, he said it could handle the waves much better with more people on the boat
How do you like the express tube package? How much difference do you think there is in the express tube package verses the ESP package?

Thanks

Mike

We have the tri toon with the ESP package and it has amazing buoyancy. The first time I stepped on a Bennington tri toon, I was quite surprised at how stable it was. Coming from a Malibu Wakesetter V hull was quite a difference. The tri toon also supported our larger engine and capacity for more people on board. We just love it!

I agree 100% having had a regular 07 triple tube with wave shield and lifting strakes on both sides of alll 3 tubes and now having a 2011 tripple tube esp. but was just throwing out my opinion of what I would do for a 2 tube at minimum.
Groovy.

Back