Poor customer support

Lpabor

Reaction score
I've had my Bennington 2 years now, love the boat. Extremely disappointed, however, in benningtons willingness to help a customer. Need to replace a pontoon, and have waited 7 months now for an affordable shipping option. Shipping from Bennington to Texas is $2,200! 2 dealers have tried to work with Bennington to include it with a shipment of boats, reducing the cost to $200, but Bennington has been totally un cooperative. Finally, with summer upon us, I'm forced to bite the bullet and pay full freight.

After you buy your boat, don't expect Bennington to work with you at all.

I've never had a problem with Bennington. Have you called customer service?

There's probably more to your story, and while I've never had to replace a pontoon, there are countless stories of Bennington bending over backwards on this site.

Did you consider taking your empty trailer up to Indiana to pick up the pontoon yourself? That's probably what I would have done. I mean if I wrecked a pontoon, I would view it as my responsibility to either pony up for shipping, wait patiently for a slot on a truck, or just go get it myself. I would think finding space for a single pontoon on a truck of boats would be premium...

Something sounds fishy since when I was backed into in a parking lot and the toon was damaged, it wasn't ANYWHERE near that much for shipping it, and I live in frigging CANADA!! Saying Bennington's after sales service sucks on this site is pretty loaded. Maybe your dealer sucks, not Bennington. I as well as many others have had nothing but good service from them.

I should also add the question, what design of pontoon (23",25",elliptical ) and length are you needing replaced?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know both sides but Bennington, and my Dealer, have been the best folks to work with since the day I bought her. Elkhart Customer Service is what you'd expect when you purchase a boat with the reputation our Bennington's have..., first class. Gotta agree with the other owners, something ain't right.

Sounds very strange to me Bennington and TB have bent over backwards for me

and my Bennington's.

There has to be more to it.

Ron

Nope, guys, no more to it. Sorry I busted a pontoon. It's lake Livingston. I have not contacted customer service, no number on the web site that I could find, drive my own trailer, really? That would be more the the cost! My time is $$$. Bennington makes a Great boat, but they let me down on this one. They've had six months to work out a solution, but ignored it totally.

Check out the pics I posted of the pyramid 3 skiers. I don't hate Bennington, just disappointed they didn't seem to want to help.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, I can't believe that you haven't contacted Bennington yourself yet, I would have after the first response of $2200. I ask again, what toon design and length? Just thinking if it's a 28' elliptical, that could be a little more difficult to get done.

I do belive it to be unique, when I had a warranty issue I contacted Bennington via the warranty claim the next day they asked for a picture, the day after I sent the picture I received an email saying it was approved

I have read in the past that spare toons must be shipped "connected" to an existing pontoon to prevent damage ..... it'spossible that there have not been any that this could be "fitted" too ???

I really find it hard to believe that there was no way to contact someone. I emailed customer service about an issue BEFORE I even ordered one of their toons, and they contacted me the next day.

I'm sure TB will probably check in and do a follow up on this.

Why not try something like this ?? Have you even tried to find other avenues before blaming Bennington ??

http://www.uship.com/LandingPages/custom/fee-large-item-stories_v2.html?page=general&&gclid=CLmG1LCBp7YCFVKf4AodyzoA2A&alwaysShowCCTA

Actually thought about uship.com. Don't want the uncertainty, and missing the point. Just wish Bennington would have been creative on their end. Do you depend on your customer to work out problems? If I did, I wouldn't be able to afford a Bennington!

You don't have to shout Derrick :)

You don't have to shout Derrick :)
Haha, wasn't shouting, but I had asked it twice and both time he responded to the first part of my questions and not this, so I made it bigger! Hahah :D

Hi Lpabor,

We are sorry to hear of your frustration and we can try to help. Please send TB a personal message with your boat serial #, name of your dealer, and any other pertinent contact information. We will be sure you get a reply from our Customer Service department promptly. This situation does sound a bit odd. We ship many loads to Texas. The tube has to be attached under an existing pontoon boat of the same length for shipping. Then the dealer detaches it to install on the repair boat.

Thank you, TB

TB steps up again!!

Back