Pop up cleats...worth it???

Benni Newbie

Reaction score
I am in the beginning stages of purchasing a 22 tri-toon. Are pop up cleats worth the extra money?

YES, they are just nicer and elimate the potential for toe stubbing .... ;)

Do they come as a pair in the front or do you have to purchase them separately? Is this something that can be added later or should it be done with the build?

Do they come as a pair in the front or do you have to purchase them separately? Is this something that can be added later or should it be done with the build?

You would really want to add them at purchase if doing them. Too much to mess with (flooring, trim pieces, etc...) if trying to add them on down the road.

Front and back pop-up cleats are separate pairs at purchase. If you want all 4 corners that way, you have to order both the front pair (one purchase) and then order the back pair (again, a separate purchase).

We have them, and love them. Never a stubbed toe, and they look very nice. Also, my wife stubs her toes constantly on objects, so it at least removes one item for her to hit. Now if she could just avoid stubbing her left toes on our front door floor latch. No pop up for that - lol. o_O

I really liked the pop-up cleats and wanted to order them but we were on a tight budget so I got the engraved ones. They are very nice with the Bennington name on them..

Weren’t available when we ordered, would love to have them.

Get them now. Floor is cut out different for them vs. standard, and they are MUCH cheaper ordered during the build. I think my COST on one, was almost the price per pair from factory. I was going to add them to my last Benni till I got the price .....

I say, "Worth it!"

Pop Up cleats weren't an option in 2012 (Or I wasn't aware) but not sure if I would have needed as neither I or anyone else on my boat has stubbed a toe

Last edited:
I would say these are a must have. Besides saving toenail and foot bruises they prevent anything snagging on them such as line, anchor rode or anything you are dragging over the deck. I have them on a 22' CC and was not sure when I ordered them but now they are a must have as you can move around without having to worry about anything sticking up on the deck. Remember you will snag or trip on them when you least expect it and on a boat anything you can do to aid moving around fast if you need to is beneficial...Boating safety is paramount....Know Link did not recommend them so just my opinion however, looks like with the comments above there are more in favor than not....

Back