Porta-potti

Hilts

Reaction score
Anyone with a privacy chase lounge that has bought a porta-potti for it? Looking to buy one and wondering which one would fit. Who knew there were so many different ones??

Last edited:
With my RL there is enough room that I use a full commode. I don't want to pump or haul so I use sanibags in the commode, gels waste in seconds and is green garbage so can be dropped in dumpster

With my RL there is enough room that I use a full commode. I don't want to pump or haul so I use sanibags in the commode, gels waste in seconds and is green garbage so can be dropped in dumpster
Thanks for the advice, sounds goo.

I can speak from both viewpoints & I am a convert to the CleanWaste portable toilet kit that we ended-up with because our Swingback sunchase lounge bench was not tall enough for any reliable toilet (I first tested with water the recommended Thetford toilet that we purchased from Amazon & it leaked both at the connection between the seat bowl & the basin dump cap because the gaskets were cheap) Please forgive in advance if I get a little too graphic but we "had" a blue water chemical toilet from Thetford like the one pictured in the 1st reply post from 1trotter on our old boat. That one & the other larger size Thetford models are extremely reliable if you want a chemical water toilet that has a waste basin which you will have to empty. However, in my opinion it was the nastiest thing I ever had to do, ie: carry the toilet waste basin off the boat with waste sloshing around in it, put it in the back of my SUV for the drive home while attempting to contain my nausea from the faint aroma which always permeated from it. Then having to dump the waste into either a toilet in our house or an outdoor sewer clean-out at the house. We ended-up using our waste clean-out exclusively because it was horrible dumping to a toilet inside the house. In fact... I got to where I was wearing a filter respirator whenever the dreaded task of emptying the toilet came about. I hated, hated, hated it and would cringe anytime someone or their kids on my boat or another boat we were tied-up with would ask to use our toilet because of "an emergency". Your marina may have a pump-out which ours did but those are NOT designed for portable toilets like the Thetford which have a small swing arm tube located on top of the waste basin between the seat bowl & the waste basin. NOW..... any guests who feel like they have "an emergency" and need to do # 1 or # 2 on our boat can handle their own business on the CleanWaste portable toilet kit by sealing-up the gel locked waste in the airtight bag kits that come with the CleanWaste toilet & putting it in the trash bag when they are done. No smells, no mess, nothing for you to clean-up. Hope that helps provide some additional user experience when making your decision.

I like the idea,do you have any pictures ?

Sorry JODO, my boat is in NY and we are staying in Florida this summer. My RL changing room is large enough to fit a standard commode and these are the sani bags I use

View attachment 25052https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BCOVSPO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks,
So you have standard toilet with tank like in your house and use these bags ?
Did you have to fasten it or does it sit pretty well with out it ? Just trying to get my mind wrapped around it
Thanks again

Last edited:
Its not a toilet with a tank. It is a commode, look on line, it sits in my privy on the boat. the bags turn any waste (pee or poop) into a gel and it is considered green waste and can be thrown in the dumpster

I can concur with ktowntn about the Cleanwaste dry toilet. It's awesome... and everyone cleans their own mess, so to speak. The individual toilet packs come with the main waste bag with the absorbent powder in the bottom, a zip lock bag to place that bag into when finished, a wet handwipe packet, and a very small packet of toilet paper. (I keep a roll along with additional sanitizing wipes in our privacy enclosure.)

I love that it closes up into a portable briefcase for storage purposes.

Here's a YouTube video which shows how it works:

Back