portable air pumps for towables

3dmac88

Reaction score
I tried the search and couldn't find the answer, saw it somewhere on here at one time... My question is what is the best pump to use to blow up towables? AC/DC?, don't want to use a hand pump to finish blowing it up, I have read a bunch of reviews but just cant find "the one".

I’ve got one like Michiman has that we use all the time around where there is an outlet that works. Also have another one that looks and operates similar that is branded as a Coleman for campers and is battery operated (4 Ds). The Coleman works great as well, no plug needed and can go anywhere and does a good job. For a boat, I would go the with the battery operated as I’m anal about draw on boat battery. Depending on how and where you use it, either one would work great.

I tried the search and couldn't find the answer, saw it somewhere on here at one time... My question is what is the best pump to use to blow up towables? AC/DC?, don't want to use a hand pump to finish blowing it up, I have read a bunch of reviews but just cant find "the one".
If you're going to go with a 12v pump I reccomend one with alligator clip that connect directly to the battery like this one.https://amzn.to/2HA87PL. They generally will have more power than a cigarette lighter version and will get your towable inflated quicker.

We have one (might be an Air Head brand) it's 110v that we just plug into our battery booster box to fill tubes. Yup, even with 4 big ass batteries we still took another big booster along!! Haha, only time I needed it was the two times I boosted other boats with!! Which was worth the price anyway.
It was also good since it has built in navigation lights if ever needed.
Screenshot_20190518-071729_Google.jpg

We like the small dewalt blower. It has attachments for blowing up any size towable. All so it is nice to have to do a quick clean up

I had used it most
Of the summer before I realized you could all so use it to deflate things Guess I should have e
Read the instructions.

Back