Portable toilet on the TOON?

TOON'D OUT

Reaction score
We are planning to add a potable toilet to our TOON in the near future.

Sure would be nice to eliminate returns to the dock :) for rest stops.

Anyone out there have suggestions, thoughts on what brand/s are best for use on the TOON?

Thanks in advance!

We have the Thetford "PortaPotty" 135 that was included with our boat. (see Thetford.com)

It works fine for its intended purpose - after we actually read the instructions on how to flush it, we haven't had any problems :mellow: It is a two-step process to flush (pull out a handle, then pump a bellow) which were not intuitive so my wife wrote the instructions with permenant marker on the lid!

It is not very tall so I built a box out of plywood and 2x4s for it to sit on - it positions it at a more "normal" toilet height :)

It is not really (or very gross) to empty either. Again, once we read the instructions, it all functions adequately. Bottom line, it is better than just going over the side which I guess some people find disconcerting :lol:

Have added a picture - black strap across it to keep it from falling of the box which it did on my first trip with it. It ended up upside down however nothing leaked out. Also the blue capped thing underneath it is a container my wife found at a Dollar General store - use it to hold tp.

Pontoon73.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
We have the Thetford "PortaPotty" 135 that was included with our boat. (see Thetford.com)

It works fine for its intended purpose - after we actually read the instructions on how to flush it, we haven't had any problems :mellow: It is a two-step process to flush (pull out a handle, then pump a bellow) which were not intuitive so my wife wrote the instructions with permenant marker on the lid!

It is not very tall so I built a box out of plywood and 2x4s for it to sit on - it positions it at a more "normal" toilet height :)

It is not really (or very gross) to empty either. Again, once we read the instructions, it all functions adequately. Bottom line, it is better than just going over the side which I guess some people find disconcerting :lol:

Have added a picture - black strap across it to keep it from falling of the box which it did on my first trip with it. It ended up upside down however nothing leaked out. Also the blue capped thing underneath it is a container my wife found at a Dollar General store - use it to hold tp.
Thanks Friar!

I never ever realized how many different porta potties are on the market! hahaha! And never shopped for one before. Thank you again for the feed back and pictures.

we too have used that thetford model and built a base to raise it up, it works fine, but we slip our boat and emtying the waste can be difficult.so with are new bennington we are going to try the clean waste model at wwwcleanwaste.com it was in the poontoon & deck boat magazine vol.16 issue 3

we too have used that thetford model and built a base to raise it up, it works fine, but we slip our boat and emtying the waste can be difficult.so with are new bennington we are going to try the clean waste model at wwwcleanwaste.com it was in the poontoon & deck boat magazine vol.16 issue 3
Rob,

Just took a look at the cleanwaste model @ www.cleanwaste.com you suggested.

I really think this is the ticket as its about as simple as it gets. The demo/video makes it a pretty easy sale. :)

I just don't want to deal with fluids, a holding tank sloshing around, toilet pumps parts etc.

So this may be what I go with. The waste bags are a little on the $pendy side.

The system is simple and practical. Let me check prices on Amazon before placing an order.

Thanks!

I just picked up a porta potty..Simple as simple can get...Luggableloo at Cabelas $17.99 plus the governor...Very simple a 5gal bucket w/lid and a 5 gal garbage bag..remove lid place bag inside bucket replace lid and add some kitty litter to soak up liquids or to cover solids...when going home remove bag and dispose no spilling no mess...store extra bags in bottom of bucket...Cant get any easier than that....Thanks :D

I just picked up a porta potty..Simple as simple can get...Luggableloo at Cabelas $17.99 plus the governor...Very simple a 5gal bucket w/lid and a 5 gal garbage bag..remove lid place bag insiae bucket replace lid and add some kitty litter to soak up liquids or to cover solids...when going home remove bag and dispose no spilling no mess...store extra bags in bottom of bucket...Cant get any easier than that....Thanks :D
Same idea here Hawk00. A great buy....I posted info about the Luggalbeloo and a pic or two on here somewhere.

Congrats on the low cost LOO! Here is ours.

DSCN0479.jpg

We are planning to add a potable toilet to our TOON in the near future.

Sure would be nice to eliminate returns to the dock :) for rest stops.

Anyone out there have suggestions, thoughts on what brand/s are best for use on the TOON?

Thanks in advance!
great advice on all options. I was also looking for a solution and you guys helped out. thanks

We found a comfort height toilet at Bass Pro website, and plan on replacing our Thetford porta potty.

But i also like the idea of making a stand for ours. Maybe it could include a tp holder.

Great ideas members.

Is it just that I'm the only hillbilly here, or has jumping in the lake for a few minutes fallen out of favor? ;)

Hillbilly or not, your method works fine for liquids..... for solids? Not so good.

Is it just that I'm the only hillbilly here, or has jumping in the lake for a few minutes fallen out of favor? ;)

Oh, um...

Well...

I ain't missing enough teeth for THAT.

Of course, I sure wouldn't relish the idea of cleaning up afterwards.

Personally, I don't poo on any boat that can't be pumped out. :unsure:

I just purchased a Visa 268 on Amazon - it arrives today. It got my wifes approval since it is pretty much full height, and gets good reviews. I have no practical experience with it yet, but once I get it on board tonight I can post some pictures and thoughts for anyone who may be interested.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FBNWYK

We bought the Reliance Fold-To-Go Collapsible Portable Toilet and a box of the double doodie waste bags. Unit is very stable and folds up into a nice small store away. Good Product for irregular use or emergencies.

I have a coleman portable. It fits perfectly under the rear lounge seat of my 2250. It was $80. It is a larger unit, and side to side and front to back it just makes it in the space inside the changing curtain so that still closes properly. We use mostly in an "emergency" situation. During the 4th we were on the water late. Some older folks not dressed for swimming used it and it came in very handy. I added some velcro tabs to the floor and toilet at the corners to keep it in place but also allow for easy removal to clean. So far it's been water tight, no leaking issues. I will post the model number when I find it.

Back