Post up pic of your "Boat Name"

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
I could not find a thread so I figured I'd start one.

Finally got ours on today. Had to sit on motor housing to do it while anchored in cove LOL !!

The letters look much better in the sun, they are Silver Glitter ......

Please keep on topic and must be pics ..... :)

If there is another thread tell me and I'll move my pic ......

D911A74E-E6F3-4011-A913-8A1EFE5E2499-3123-000000B44C6F5AD3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
gallery_1283_133_214870.jpg
//club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/gallery/image/681-img-7867jpg/ Didn't have room on the back so........it had to go on the front!

Come on everyone, there's gotta be more of you with pics of your boat names !!!!!

I keep forgetting to take a picture of mine....I keep getting too busy with other stuff on it (new water seperator, trying to figure out how to remove that stupid rear cleat (see other post of that LOL!) prop stuff (Tom's fault), and then Lakebum put me to work detailing the rub rail....his fault. I'll try and remember this evening. :)

Ours has been up before, but here it is again. We used this phrase because it is what my dad often said when he was at the lake.

Here's mine.

gallery_300_298_452347.jpg

This is the third time I've woken my husband up tonight to look at something on this forum! Thankfully, he's as excited about our new Bennington (<1 week old) as I am.

Great names, great pics. Every one of them made me smile. I wondered whether or not peoole named their pontoons, now I know.

Deciding on a name will be fun. Was considering 'Puka', tongue in cheek, but we'll see.

Love this forum. Learn so much every day. Appreciate all of the valuable insight and the camaraderie.

Timamy......I see you're from Alexandria.......used to check in at either Huntington or Springfield metro (Transit police) before I retired..........where do you guys boat? The good old Potomac? We are a good hour and a half south of you at Lake Anna just south of Fredericksburg........Have you been there?

Kahuna,

We live close to the Mount Vernon Estate. I'm looking forward to seeing it from the water.

We've only been out once and that was from the dealer to out between Belmont and Occoquan Bays for a little tubing. We didn't know what the heck we were doing (as evidenced by my previous posts), but we had fun and no one got hurt.

After we get official delivery, I guess the Potomac will be our stomping grounds. We hope to get up to Old Town and maybe DC. South sounds appealing, too, but not sure how far you can "roam" on the water. Shoot, not even really sure how to put more gas in at this point!

Reading, learning, buying stuff (ha!) every day. Heading out again this weekend. Hope to get some pics.

Aloha

Just remember FUEL STABILIZER IS YOUR FRIEND !!!!!! When you do gas up, use it !!! Stabil Marine, Startron, etc.....

If you are going far, look into BOAT US also, just in case. Towing can be VERY expensive !!!

Thanks Semperfi. Once I figure out where to put gas in, I'll be sure to add stabilizer, too. Lol. Seriously, the dealer gassed it up when we took it out and we somehow missed that detail during our orientation. We'll be sure to find out this weekend.

I looked up the BoatUS membership. I think we have towing with our insurance and we probably aren't going to venture far from home this year, but do you use the membership for things like discounts at the marinas and at West Marine? I'd probably recoup my fee just by the discount on the number of life vests I need to buy. If its a "good to have just in case" for anyone, I'm in.

Army Strong

You crack me up! Just remember if something even remotely doesn't feel right while you are on the water, don't do it, it probably isn't safe.

BoatUS has a great book called "Seaworthy" and it's entire purpose is to tell you what NOT to do. It is a compilation of some of their worst, or very common, claims over the years, and the lessons learned from them. I really liked this book. If you have reading time, this is worth while. I see Amazon has a used one for under $9 plus shipping. Very cheap. They were out of these just before last Christmas last year and used ones were going for nearly $100. I did not get one for Christmas.

http://www.amazon.com/Seaworthy-Essential-Lessons-BoatU-S-s-20-Year/dp/007145327X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1373513621&sr=8-3&keywords=seaworthy

Kahuna,

We live close to the Mount Vernon Estate. I'm looking forward to seeing it from the water.

We've only been out once and that was from the dealer to out between Belmont and Occoquan Bays for a little tubing. We didn't know what the heck we were doing (as evidenced by my previous posts), but we had fun and no one got hurt.

After we get official delivery, I guess the Potomac will be our stomping grounds. We hope to get up to Old Town and maybe DC. South sounds appealing, too, but not sure how far you can "roam" on the water. Shoot, not even really sure how to put more gas in at this point!

Reading, learning, buying stuff (ha!) every day. Heading out again this weekend. Hope to get some pics.

Aloha
Okay.............. so you must have bought your new Benny from Hoffmasters in Occoquan. They sponsor the "Dreams for kids" every year where they take "special needs" kids out for a day on the water tubing and skiing and stuff. As a matter of fact it's this weekend July 13th........................We know that area pretty well. We bought our 1st boat just south from your dealer at the Tyme and Tyde marina............You've got the whole Potomac river at your disposal. You can go all the way up to DC/Old town/National Harbor or south towards the Nice/301 bridge. There are so many nooks and crannies you and your family can explore. But be careful it gets very shallow in some areas. Watch your depth finder............So when you guys figure out how to put more gas in your boat...................have a blast on the Potomac! Where are you going to keep your boat????????? Aloha..............

I ditto "Seaworthy" as I'm in process of reading it now. I got it on Feebay for like $10 shipped from a Phoenix library .....

As for towing, in case you did not understand, I mean on the water towing. Depending on how far and what area you might spend 1-2 THOUSAND dollars. I know 2 people so far that have spent in excess of that. One was not even towed. They just forgot to put bilge plug in (you don't have to worry about that) but company came out (they beached boat when it took on water), put plug in, flipped bilge switch .... $1800 bill !!!!

If you do have towing, check the amount, I bet it's like $250 ......

Seaworthy...check

BoatUS membership...check

From your lips to my Amex card.

Hofmasters has been great.

We're fortunate enough to have a little marina in our community.

What depth is too shallow?

What's the best way to get the name on the boat?

Boat US has a graphics service to do your boat name and is quite good.

Back