Post up your other toys or hobbies ..... AGAIN

As we wait on the new Bennington for this upcoming summer, my wife was gracous enough to go along with a winter birthday purchase.  I have always wanted one of these since I was a kid riding with my dad and grandfathers.  Now we have this for the family to share, and I am very excited about it.  

This will be our winter lake toy:

Skidoo's..... they still make them!! :)  

Have a great time waiting on summer, we love to snowmobile too!

Your friendly Polaris rider and Bennington owner! 

PS: my wife and inlaws are die hard Skidoo riders so if she sees this I might lose my dock spot!

http://
32F00F87-F909-4EC8-A044-8759851FEAFC.jpg

We just added a second one so we can ride together. This one is my winter pride and joy.  It is an amazing two person touring snowmobile.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sure ain't the sled of yesteryears ...... 

1965_Ski-doo_Snow_300PXL.jpg

Caddy looks nice too! 

Caddy looks nice too! 

She's a smooth ride all right. I affectionately refer to her as Black Beauty.  And that stallion is a beast! lol  B)

Lakes still about 10' down, so took the Jeep to ramp for pics. 

1656a390af8dc3e4a40e6a7590c3ba29.jpg

I was a sailor long before I I got involved in pontoon boats.  My last day sail boat was a Gordon Douglas designed Flying Scott, hull number 2640.  Had to give up sailing due to health issues.  Pontooning seems to fill the void nicely.

Amateur Radio Operator call sign KA4CSM, mainly on DSTAR 30C, and local 2m bands.  CSM was my rank after leaving the United States Army after 24 years.

Former scuba diver, who knows maybe I'll get back into it one day.  PADI & NAUI

Target shooting

Seven grandchildren 

I was a sailor long before I I got involved in pontoon boats.  My last day sail boat was a Gordon Douglas designed Flying Scott, hull number 2640.  Had to give up sailing due to health issues.  Pontooning seems to fill the void nicely.

Amateur Radio Operator call sign KA4CSM, mainly on DSTAR 30C, and local 2m bands.  CSM was my rank after leaving the United States Army after 24 years.

Former scuba diver, who knows maybe I'll get back into it one day.  PADI & NAUI

Target shooting

Seven grandchildren 

I'm a Ham as well.  AI6AK.

WB9HKO, though not active for a very long time.

I'm a Ham as well.  AI6AK.

I am amazed at the abilities of my handheld Icom 51a plus.  I can talk with people all over the world and it is as if they are sitting in the same room,  yesterday talked with a ham in South Africa and another in Israel.

Great looking Jeep!  In 1978 I bought a brand new CJ5 (Renegade) in Junction City, Kansas for $6800.00 it had a 3 speed transmission with an in line 6 (258.). Drove it pulling a 20 ft. Sailboat to California (that's another story) then spent 4 years in Hawaii with it, then 6 in Monterey, California.  I have many great memories of that Jeep.  Most fun vehicle I have ever owned, wish I had it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am amazed at the abilities of my handheld Icom 51a plus.  I can talk with people all over the world and it is as if they are sitting in the same room,  yesterday talked with a ham in South Africa and another in Israel.

Yep, the digital stuff is a lot of fun.  The HF bands haven't been that great lately so I've either been doing mostly JT-65/JT-9 or Yaesu WIRES-X (similar to D Star).

Great looking Jeep!  In 1978 I bought a brand new CJ5 (Renegade) in Junction City, Kansas for $6800.00 "................

Hahahaha .... I probably have that amount wrapped up in lift, bumpers, wheels and tires. Amazing the way simple things have increased in cost. 

Back