Last edited by a moderator:
KA4CSM, nice antenna!

LOL

Well Antennas and that is only one tower

I live close to a True World Class Antenna Farm 

So I consider my site a mini farm (lol)

Have been playing radio since I was 11

Was told by my Elmer after he gave me a Brand New Code Oscillator 

Learn this Language and you will be able to enjoy The Greatest Hobby In The World 

He is a SK but to this day his words ring in my ear

LOL

Well Antennas and that is only one tower

I live close to a True World Class Antenna Farm 

So I consider my site a mini farm (lol)

Have been playing radio since I was 11

Was told by my Elmer after he gave me a Brand New Code Oscillator 

Learn this Language and you will be able to enjoy The Greatest Hobby In The World 

He is a SK but to this day his words ring in my ear

So true, I mainly work DSTAR but looking forward to getting on HF with a Icom 7300.

Enjoy Every Aspect of The Hobby 

It Is Amazing :)

sat1.jpg

I used this Beam in many places while on vacation

Working AO-27 In The Day Was Incredible 

There is a world of Radio available for Technicians, Generals, and Extras

And now that The Code has been Eliminated it is a Hobby For The Masses 

kwd-th-d74a_sn_xl.jpg

Great looking Jeep!  In 1978 I bought a brand new CJ5 (Renegade) in Junction City, Kansas for $6800.00 it had a 3 speed transmission with an in line 6 (258.). Drove it pulling a 20 ft. Sailboat to California (that's another story) then spent 4 years in Hawaii with it, then 6 in Monterey, California.  I have many great memories of that Jeep.  Most fun vehicle I have ever owned, wish I had it back.

I had a 79 cj-5 renegade "silver anniversary" that I wish I still had.  Got rid of it with less than 45K on the clock and it was the only jeep back in the day with A/C (that would actually freeze you out) and a soft top.  Ahh the good old days!  Now  I have a classic 85 cj-7 with the hardtop no a/c but a lift and 31's (only because if I had 33's it wouldn't fit through the garage door).

79_20silver_20anniversary_201.jpg

After a little fun playing in the mud (and breaking the weak amc 20 rear axles)

26368147.jpg

I confess I'm a nitro R/C junkie too!

26408514.jpg

85992773.jpg

I go through my phases with electric RC. I have numerous coaxial helis... much easier to fly. Probably 6 plus planes and ton of cars. Probably favorite is the Tamiya Subaru Brat re-release from the 80's. It was the first "real" r/c car I ever owned. I also have the "Lunch Box" van, Mini Cooper Rally, and Wild Willys jeep. Traxxas off road trucks in 1/10 and three 1/16 rally cars. I also have, from the late 80's, the Traxxas GTP Fiero. That's a really rare one. 

It's another huge addiction!!! 

I had a 79 cj-5 renegade "silver anniversary" that I wish I still had.  Got rid of it with less than 45K on the clock and it was the only jeep back in the day with A/C (that would actually freeze you out) and a soft top.  Ahh the good old days!  Now  I have a classic 85 cj-7 with the hardtop no a/c but a lift and 31's (only because if I had 33's it wouldn't fit through the garage door).

After a little fun playing in the mud (and breaking the weak amc 20 rear axles)

I confess I'm a nitro R/C junkie too!

I like them, they sure remind me of the days I spent with mine.  Now that Army Jeep next to yours has sure got my attention.

The army jeep and the silver cj in that pic aren't mine....sorry.   Should have said cj-5 looked just like that one it's not actually my old one.  Now the cj-7 is out in the garage with all my r/c stuff.

Enjoy Every Aspect of The Hobby 

It Is Amazing :)

I used this Beam in many places while on vacation

Working AO-27 In The Day Was Incredible 

There is a world of Radio available for Technicians, Generals, and Extras

And now that The Code has been Eliminated it is a Hobby For The Masses 

kwd-th-d74a_sn_xl.jpg

You are absolutely right!!  I wish the 74 had been released before I bought my Icom 51A plus, although the 51 is a great Radio also.  I am going to look up the Arrow II.

You'd like this one. I drove it across the block at Mecum Harrisburg. Totally restored including trailer. Absolutely mint condition.

10501633_767976699906807_379647481396615295_n.jpg

As we wait on the new Bennington for this upcoming summer, my wife was gracous enough to go along with a winter birthday purchase.  I have always wanted one of these since I was a kid riding with my dad and grandfathers.  Now we have this for the family to share, and I am very excited about it.  

This will be our winter lake toy:

Looks fast just sitting there!!  Just how fast will it go?   I have never been around snowmobiles.

Damn those are some nice shots! Any of that Jeep, I don't know....not on pavement? :D

I'm digging those wheels too!

Mine's not a mall crawler. 

83EE95B5-2B7D-4577-9608-AE1D5A752138.jpg

2009-01-25LaurelRide289.jpg

2009-01-25LaurelRide122.jpg

2009-01-25LaurelRide116.jpg

2009-01-25LaurelRide087.jpg

2009-01-25LaurelRide071.jpg

2009-01-25LaurelRide066.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

F6B7057E-9AC1-43FD-B09B-0DB8F9A8CDF0.jpg

AA4E09EF-8E82-48CD-B179-BCE191247BAE.jpg

Great pictures, they bring back a lot of good memories.  I'll bet you didn't make any quick steering adjustments while towing that.

Thanks Mike,

The only time I tow the boat behind the Wrangler is a short distance to fill it up with gas, and to launch it from our boat ramp in the neighborhood. No long tows with that one. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a F-250 to pull with on trips further than 10 miles.

Someday I'll get big boy ba**s to do this to mine ..... I can't imagine trying to clean all that mud out from the nooks and crannies ...........  :blink:

Just rinse it off and go back for more!! Love to trail ride and crawl up hills :D

Semper, the easiest way I've found is to get the sprinkler, run the hose underneath from one end to the other, turn it on, and every once in a while, go out and pull the hose toward you a couple of feet. It gets most of it. I don't get in the mud as much as I did because of that. I do love to ride the trails, and crawl rock hills. 

Looks fast just sitting there!!  Just how fast will it go?   I have never been around snowmobiles.

I hit 100 mph with it on Houghton lake, straight line sprint.  That's where I lost my nerve and let go of the throttle to slowly decelerate.  It excelerates very fast up to 90 mph. I'm not sure where the yellow ski-doo would top out, but that 100 mph was probably close to it. 

Our other one sprints up to about 70 mph quickly, and then slowly climbs and tops out between 80-90 mph.  Frankly, anything above 60 mph starts to make me nervous, but every now and then I like to just punch it.  Of course, all of this is on open, flat, and smooth snow on the lake...NOT on a trail or deep powder.

Those pictures of the jeep trail riding in the mud look pretty cool. I can only imagine how much fun that would be.  Nice Spoiledrotten!

I hit 100 mph with it on Houghton lake, straight line sprint.  That's where I lost my nerve and let go of the throttle to slowly decelerate.  It excelerates very fast up to 90 mph. I'm not sure where the yellow ski-doo would top out, but that 100 mph was probably close to it. 

Our other one sprints up to about 70 mph quickly, and then slowly climbs and tops out between 80-90 mph.  Frankly, anything above 60 mph starts to make me nervous, but every now and then I like to just punch it.  Of course, all of this is on open, flat, and smooth snow on the lake...NOT on a trail or deep powder.

Wow, all I can say is wow!

Back