Power Assist added

lakeliving

Reaction score
The dealer wrapped up the steering line replacement and added power assist to address some warranty issues. I went and looked at the boat yesterday and they did a great job. I had bennington make a little pan for it to mount to in the event the fittings leaked the fluid would not make it on the floor....again. I played with it while up on the trailer and you can sure tell a difference. Now I cannot wait to get it in the water for a true test!

14F35E60-3BDD-4A28-8B73-836D92B20334_zps2jfd2hvf.jpg

6BE1606D-7A72-4532-BA00-888D4804CD87_zpsxqeitbka.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have power steering but that looks like a very nice job. Even though it's not meant to be seen.

Anxious to hear your report following your test drive

I've got the factory power assist and it is awesome.  Boat drives like a Cadillac and you'll really appreciate when you make a hard accelerated turn.  You're going to love it.

It's a good thing spring is close as I have about as much excitement as when I first got the boat!

In the airplane hangar you can hear some noise. But with that said there was no other noises in there. I would imagine once it is on the water, motor running I will not hear it.

It's a good thing spring is close as I have about as much excitement as when I first got the boat!
That's every day since 2011 for me! And the newest thing on my boat is only a gas grill.

So we got the boat out on Saturday and I'll start by saying WOW the power assist is amazing. It is a huge improvement over the hydraulic (YOU NEED TO UPDGRADE DAN!!!). There is a whine noise from the pump at idle while making turns but it is well worth it. I can't even begin to say how easy it is to turn. Literally one finger and you can spin the boat right around. Driving fast is so much more pleasurable.

The little guy got tired so I made him a tent so he could nap. I have a feeling we will burn through the gas this year as he isn't big on floating around, he seems to like the wind in his face. I also need to find that thread on good baby lifejackets, his seems to go right in his mouth.

3804F966-BEB6-4366-810B-1FF64B3B4777_zps9ijwwvsb.jpg

Great picture of the little guy!

Awesome pic!

Nice pic Lake. After a while you won't hear the whine.

Great to see the little guy on board Lakeliving

So we got the boat out on Saturday and I'll start by saying WOW the power assist is amazing. It is a huge improvement over the hydraulic (YOU NEED TO UPDGRADE DAN!!!). There is a whine noise from the pump at idle while making turns but it is well worth it. I can't even begin to say how easy it is to turn. Literally one finger and you can spin the boat right around. Driving fast is so much more pleasurable.

Really glad to hear this, Andy. I am clearly looking forward to experiencing this on my new boat!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cute pic. At first I thought you put him in the helm ....  :blink:

Nice pic. Little guy looks comfy. 

I have my first grandson who is 7 months now. Can't wait to get him on the boat. 

I have also also been thinking of installing the power assist. Sounds like it works great. And no leaks

Awesome Andy!!!  Yeah, I'll have to pull the trigger....  Waiting to see if I get infected with PADS first.

I told you that you'd be happy.   :p

I guess I'm too old to know what WWCD means.

Back