Power assist steering system

robrail

Reaction score
Has anyone added the power assist steering system to their standard Sea Star hydraulic steering?
If so, is it worth the pricy investment? Any issues or watch-outs to be aware of?

Thanks

My dealer added it before I picked it up. We love it, it makes the boating experience much more fun with less effort. If you have a 150 or higher I highly recommend it. We are into our second season with the boat and have had no issues with it or anything else for that matter. Welcome to the forum and tell us more about your boat. Pictures speak a thousand words!

My dealer added it for because I was not happy with steering. What size motor do you have? I would say yes it is worth the investment on a Tritoon 150HP and above.

This is a pretty easy question. If you want it to have minimal effort like your car, get the pump installed. If what you have is okay and lets you keep the $1000 or whatever it is, then do that.

My dealer added it before I picked it up. We love it, it makes the boating experience much more fun with less effort. If you have a 150 or higher I highly recommend it. We are into our second season with the boat and have had no issues with it or anything else for that matter. Welcome to the forum and tell us more about your boat. Pictures speak a thousand words!
Thank you for the reply

My dealer added it for because I was not happy with steering. What size motor do you have? I would say yes it is worth the investment on a Tritoon 150HP and above.
I have the elliptical toons on a 24 SSRX with a F150 Yamaha, takes a lot of effort when running a narrow river system.

I added the power assist and it's night and day.

I have a new 22' sps with a yami f150. Steering is stiff. I added a steering wheel knob which really does help. I expect to add the power assist myself at a later date.

Back