Power Pole install

Bonin1f1

Reaction score
Recently added a 10’ Blade power pole on our 2375 GCW. Utilized the new style mount as we did not want anything attached to the top side of the deck (the kids enjoy jumping off the deck). I did not have to cut the M brace to install the back plate, only drilled four holes on each side for the mounting bolts and used a fish tape and string to pull the back plate into place. I taped the washer and nut onto the boxed end of a ratcheting wrench to reach the furthest bolt, see picture. It took me about four hours to install. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Attachments

• 0E604ED6-5E01-498D-BFAB-2C48DDB85408.jpeg
    0E604ED6-5E01-498D-BFAB-2C48DDB85408.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 300
  • CD64FC2E-4342-4D6A-9935-6118A23AB2E0.jpeg
    CD64FC2E-4342-4D6A-9935-6118A23AB2E0.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 283
  • D2C4B1DD-B6A6-4047-84BE-09973F4E414E.jpeg
    D2C4B1DD-B6A6-4047-84BE-09973F4E414E.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 269
  • AEF457FF-40EA-4177-BB34-9BDDBAC96F88.jpeg
    AEF457FF-40EA-4177-BB34-9BDDBAC96F88.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 266
  • CFECA502-00B3-49F6-BA52-12B0BBEF3679.jpeg
    CFECA502-00B3-49F6-BA52-12B0BBEF3679.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 258
Very clean install. Great job.

What is the brand of Pole and What model of bracket ?

Brand: Power Pole
Model: Blade 10’
Color: Platinum (their special anniversary edition)
Bracket: Power Pole PK-P-17519-BK and you will need the 11 degree wedge for clearance AW-11deg-BK.

Brand: Power Pole
Model: Blade 10’
Color: Platinum (their special anniversary edition)
Bracket: Power Pole PK-P-17519-BK and you will need the 11 degree wedge for clearance AW-11deg-BK.
. Thank You

Any reason for 10’ vs 8’ ?

I'm not familiar with that brahd. I have a friend with a Minnkota Talon, and he loves it.
His mounting bracket folds allowing him to keep pontoon on a lift with a canopy.

Down here in FL I've heard the Talon doesn't hold up. The local Bennington dealer said he only installs powerpoles.

I have heard the same as Lakeliving mentioned, the Power Pole holds up better in the saltwater environment. The company is also local to the Tampa Bay area.

Why get a power pole?

I use our boat in the Gulf of Mexico and like to stop at sandbars off the shoreline (near Fort De Soto and Egmont Key). Between the wind and the tides, I have sometimes found it difficult to get my second anchor set before the boat pivots around the front anchor into the deeper water. I like to anchor the boat in three to four foot of water. I will drop my front anchor fifty feet away from the spot I want to be at, back up and put the power pole down to hold me in that spot until I can get out and set the second anchor. If the wind and tide is calm I will use just the pole and not use with the second anchor. I have yet to beach the front of the toons on the sandbar and use just the pole in the rear to anchor, but I have seen it done. I just worry the constant rocking motion of the waves would be like sandpaper on the nose cones.

Why the Power Pole.....Because where I live in Florida we pull up on the beach and use the power pole instead of having to pull out a anchor. It makes it easier pulling up on the beach and backing off..
Understand now! I've seen them on Bass Boats for fishing . Thanks !

I have heard the same as Lakeliving mentioned, the Power Pole holds up better in the saltwater environment. The company is also local to the Tampa Bay area.

Why get a power pole?

I use our boat in the Gulf of Mexico and like to stop at sandbars off the shoreline (near Fort De Soto and Egmont Key). Between the wind and the tides, I have sometimes found it difficult to get my second anchor set before the boat pivots around the front anchor into the deeper water. I like to anchor the boat in three to four foot of water. I will drop my front anchor fifty feet away from the spot I want to be at, back up and put the power pole down to hold me in that spot until I can get out and set the second anchor. If the wind and tide is calm I will use just the pole and not use with the second anchor. I have yet to beach the front of the toons on the sandbar and use just the pole in the rear to anchor, but I have seen it done. I just worry the constant rocking motion of the waves would be like sandpaper on the nose cones.

This is basically what we do down here in Ft. Myers. I don't like the idea of the toons rocking on the sandbar, plus the bottoms are painted. Anyway, looks like decent weather this weekend...Cheers!

I just use my Sea Legs. What is the length of these poles, how deep of water can they be used?
The poles come in 8 and 10 foot lengths. I have only used mine in five foot or less so far. Do you use the sea Legs in saltwater? I looked into them but the rep couldn’t advise how to manually retract them if I had a problem while at the sandbar or how they held up in saltwater.

Ok,
For someone who's clueless on these things, can anyone explain just exactly what they're for and, how they work? From what I've gathered here so far, it sounds as if they're some sort of extendable stabilizer that maybe rotates downward and the tip touches the sand etc.? Does that sound like a somewhat correct analogy?
Scott

Back