Power steering question

Dennis T.

Reaction score
for anyone but especially Lakeliving since we have discussed this before and have the same boat set up. Surprise, I do have power steering. reservoir is where you said it was, picture attached. that said what should i be doing with it? where/ how do i check levels and what do i add in and how much. no problems so far but want to maintain it as i should.

thanks
Dennis T.IMG_2266.JPG

I have the same setup and have never done anything with mine. It’s a sealed system, so if it isn’t leaking and the steering works, leave it alone. I would inspect the hydraulic rams on the engine as that would be the most likely spot to start leaking.

thanks Skeester, I appreciate it. it has the fill right on the dash so that made me think there was more to do to keep it full etc. thanks again!

thanks Skeester, I appreciate it. it has the fill right on the dash so that made me think there was more to do to keep it full etc. thanks again!

Your SeaStar PA manual should tell you all you need to know starting on page 16 to page 22.

Last edited:
man i was way off then, was told it was the fill, that makes more sense, thanks goldnrod, absolutely no info on this system in the book and online was confusing on what system they were talking about. thanks man!

man i was way off then, was told it was the fill, that makes more sense, thanks goldnrod, absolutely no info on this system in the book and online was confusing on what system they were talking about. thanks man!
Well, I edited my post after replying that it was a vent, not a fill, but in looking at the manual, it evidently serves both purposes. If you need photos of these pages, let me know and I can snag them for you. Good luck.

My power steering is making a crackling sound when I turn....I'll have to look around and see what's going on with mine.

Well, I edited my post after replying that it was a vent, not a fill, but in looking at the manual, it evidently serves both purposes. If you need photos of these pages, let me know and I can snag them for you. Good luck.
that is one manual i do not have, so yes if you could make that pic let me know what i need to do to make that happen. i appreciate it!

I don’t have a manual either.

that is one manual i do not have, so yes if you could make that pic let me know what i need to do to make that happen. i appreciate it!

Sorry this took so long. Hope it helps.

SS cover.jpg SS pg. 16.JPG SS pg. 17.JPG SS pg. 18.JPG SS pg. 19.JPG SS pg. 20.JPG

Back