Power UP

Jerejordan3

Reaction score
I am wanting to know will power up solve problem.  I have 2006 2275 RL with 90 hp Honda.  I top out around 20 MPH.  I am wanting to pull tube and wake board.  Will a 135 max listed help if so how much in the real world.  Sorry no pic to post

Just my opinion but if water sports is where you're headed your money would be better spent on another boat.  You could increase your horsepower from the 90 up to a 135 but you still have a displacement hull which will limit a bunch more speed or maneuverability. If you do have lifting strakes you stand a better chance with the additional HP. Wake boarding behind a pontoon is doable but you won't have the wake of a glass  boat for any tricks/jumps etc. I wake board behind ours but I keep it pretty tame.... need to pay the mortgage on Monday if you know what I mean! Welcome aboard the forum, I'm sure there will be plenty to chime in on this conversation. Best of luck!

If your asking a boat designed to slow cruise across the water. Don't waste your Money on a new motor. Sell the boat and buy a performance Benny!

I have a 2008 2575 RCW that is a performance Benny.  It has 320 Horsepower from a 6.2 Litre Mercruiser I/O.  It also has A Bravo 3 out drive which means two props.  It will cruise at 45.  Plain out from a dead stop in 4 seconds.  People freak out in the lake when there is a strong wake, and I can fly past almost any boat going 40 with out crashing into the waves.  The main complaint I heard from Pontoon/Tritoon owners was they all wished they would have bought a bigger engine.  My point being, they are out their, but are hard to come by.

Back