Preparing for Benny Order

KTurturro

Reaction score
Hi everyone, what an incredible forum!

I am a first time boat owner, finally fulfilling my dream! Wanted feedback from anyone who has purchased a dinette model, we are looking specifically at the 23 SPDXP with a Yamaha 200. Some must haves in my opinion are the bow bench filler, floor storage and double bimini. Any regrets from anyone who purchased the dinette/entertainment model(s)? There is not a lot of info out there as I assume this layout is fairly new. I do like that the swivel chairs are just that, and not barstools, so it creates a lot of options on the boat for eating, cards, etc.

Thanks in advance, and I will post more specific build questions shortly.

All I can do is Welcome You! We don't have the Dinette model, but you will get a lot of very good feedback from the members.

I think you'll find that the dinettes and mid-ship bars (like we have) are not all that common. That said, we really enjoy ours and would order it again. The counter space is great for games, preparing food and grilling and the sink is useful for light clean-up. If this is a feature that speaks to you, don't be afraid to go for it.

Thanks Michiman! Vote of encouragement helps when you don't see much about the dinettes, this layout feels perfect for us. Can't wait, the custom aspect of the build process is awesome.

Here is the build I am considering:

Anything that I should cut out of below or any key options missing in your opinions? Thank you for your feedback everyone!

PRODUCT DETAILS
Boat Package
• 23SPDXP -YAMAHAPKG
Engines
• 200 HP 4 STROKE 2.8L 4 Cylinder 25 IN
Panel Color
• Panel - Ocean Blue
Accent Panel
• Accent - Midnight Black
Canvas
• Canvas - Midnight Black
Color Packages
• Blackout (S/G)
Tops/Enclosures
• Bimini Top Double Short(10ft)
Aft Deck Options
• Extended Aft Deck - S Series
Base Vinyl
• Driftwood
Furniture Upgrades
• Horizontal Diamond Pressed 80% Cut-Out (SXP)
Furniture Add-ons
• Bow Gate Seat (SXP)
• Diamond Pressed Luxury Recliner (SX,SXP,G)
• Bow Rectangular Table (Zebrawood Slate Matte)
Interior Colors
• Interior Accent: Carbon
Trim Accent
• Zebrawood Slate Matte
Helm/Stereo
• Elevated Helm Chaise - SXP
• Kicker KMC10 Stereo Upgrade S/SX/SXP Series
• Stereo - Kicker Sub and Amp Upgrade (S/SX/SXP)
• Custom Wheel Upgrade with Piano Black Accents (S/SX/SXP)
• Striker 4 Fish Graph (S/SX/SXP)
Fishing
• 4 Pole Rod Holder
Lighting
• RGB Controller SXP
• RGB Cupholder Lighting (3-5 SX/P)
• Port Dinette Galley and Table Lighting
• Illuminated Kicker Speaker Upgrade (4)
• Panel Exchange for RGB, Analog
Flooring
• Vinyl Teak Slate Full Flooring (22/23)
Performance Packages
• Sport Performance System - SPS w/Transom Fuel 23S (Stbd) Includes: (900884 - Rough Water Package)(903062 - Underdeck Wave Shield (22/24))(900545 - Steering - Sea Star Hydraulic with Tilt)
Performance Add-ons
• Battery - Dual with Switch (Port/Starboard)
• In-Floor Storage (3 Tube)
• Steering Power Hydraulic Assist

Sounds like a gorgeous build! Only thing I would suggest is look hard at the Power Steering Assist option. Also, there are plenty of comments regarding the extra bow seat. Some love it and some have it stored away and don't use it. I just opted for the power steering assist option as the Bennington rep said he wouldn't sell me a boat (with 250HP) without it because I would hate it. Plenty of reading material here too on that option. Congratulations!

Does anyone know if the front double bimini frame will be black if I have the black out package?

It looks like a GREAT build. Not much I would suggest. I guess my only two thoughts are as followsL

(1) Do you invasion ever wanting to tube or ski? Perhaps a tow bar just in case, or to retain the option?

(2) We went with the Simrad G05 instead of the Stirker Fish finder. I consider the Simrad a very nice informational and navigational system, but maybe not a great fish finder. That said, I think the Striker too simplistic/basic, thus we didn’t go with it. If you just want navigation and info, maybe go Simrad. If wanting a good fish finder, don’t get either one and go after-market per suggestions that others have made in other forum posts.

Definitely the power assisted steering.

Great build...

As stated above, I would go with the power steering and the Simrad GO5...

I would also highly recommend the seagrass flooring over the vinyl teak...

Having had both, real world experience is that the seagrass is cooler in the summer and way easier to keep clean...

Looks like a great build. I would consider Seagrass and definitely the power steering. It just enhances the entire boating experience.

Thanks for all the feedback thus far. I will be making the following changes:

-Drop teak floor, add seagrass
-Add power steering
-Add ski tow bar

Still evaluating Garmin vs Simrad, primary purpose would be for occasional fishing.

Next question, digital controls? The Yamaha 200 has an option for digital controls which really beefs up some more $, I haven't found any convincing evidence that it is a must have so opting for the 200 without digital. Any strong opinions from the group either way?

Sorry can’t weigh in on Garmin vs Simrad or digital controls but you will be very pleased with other changes.

KTurturro, based upon your build so far I'd say you should consider going digital. Yes, a bit more money but once you go drive-by-wire I doubt you'd go back to cable. Just a smoother operation all around. There are a number of articles regarding this subject so this is only one of many:

https://www.sportfishingmag.com/electric-throttle-or-cable-throttle-for-boat-control

Obviously, cable control works well too but digital is nice and it looks to me like you're building your last boat first. Enjoy the process.

BTW, I think the bow gate seat will come in quite handy with your set-up. As long as it won't get in the way of boarding the boat at your slip/dock, it obviously adds some additional seating up front. We use ours!

Back