Preparing for Benny Order

Thanks for all the feedback thus far. I will be making the following changes:

-Drop teak floor, add seagrass
-Add power steering
-Add ski tow bar

Still evaluating Garmin vs Simrad, primary purpose would be for occasional fishing.

Next question, digital controls? The Yamaha 200 has an option for digital controls which really beefs up some more $, I haven't found any convincing evidence that it is a must have so opting for the 200 without digital. Any strong opinions from the group either way?
KTurturro, just a thought on fishfinders and GPS. I've been partial to Lowrance for a very long time. Part of that is my familiarity with their units and part of that is they've always worked well for me and have been reliable.

Depending on how handy you are and how much time you have to play and install things, you might want to consider buying and installing your GPS/Fishfinder yourself and not flush mounting it in the consol. Ram mounts work very well for mounting fishfinders on or next to the consol.

Take a look at the Lowrance TI2 series of fishfinders/chartplotters. They have wireless functions for networking, bluetooth for connecting phones, and can be connected to the Yamaha engine through a NMEA 2000 network. The 7" units start at about $800. The NMEA 2000 network and gateway is extra and I don't really know how much this costs. I plan to look into this sometime next year because I want more engine information than the standard gauges for my F200, plus I want to network an additional fishfinder on my boat.

I'm sure there are other brands that have the same or similar functionality, but Lowrance is just my personal preference.

One downside to what I'm suggesting is you lose Bennington's 10 year warranty if you buy and install accessories yourself after your purchase.

Does anyone know if the front double bimini frame will be black if I have the black out package?
Yes on blackout.
If you are a fisher, ditch the Striker 4 and go aftermarket. GO5 is horrible for fish ID, the symbols are too small. If depth/temp is all your after S4 is fine.
Vinyl is great for fishing (guts and blood wash down), but I prefer the sea grass. Looks more luxurious to me.

Vinyl is great for fishing (guts and blood wash down), but I prefer the sea grass. Looks more luxurious to me.

My first boat was Vinyl and the last two have been Sea Grass...

I find the Sea Grass to be super easy to clean in all circumstances - the water flows under it and pushes everything out...

Costco brand 1800 PSI pressure washer with the 25% head is just the perfect amount stream not only for the Sea Grass but the entire interior and exterior (minus the Helm)...

We've had the nasty red dirt mud that stains everything, red wine, all different sorts of food, etc...

Everything comes out of the Sea Grass with a little Dawn dish soap and the pressure washer...

We have some gafstop sail cat fish down here that are super slimy, I bet that would give the seagrass a run for its money!!!

Just wanted to thank everyone for their perspectives and feedback. What a great experience thus far, placed my order last week and now the wait...wait....wait
She is gonna be a beauty, ocean blue with smokey granite accent, blackout, will post pictures when she arrives!

Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their perspectives and feedback. What a great experience thus far, placed my order last week and now the wait...wait....wait
She is gonna be a beauty, ocean blue with smokey granite accent, blackout, will post pictures when she arrives!

Congratulations! I know how you feel!

beautiful build! It will look similar to my boat. Same color set up! BENNY AT BILL WILLIAMS.jpg

That's hot!
I think you'll like it allot. It is a head turner for sure. I've had more compliments on this boat than any other i've ever owned

As an FYI, all Evinrude G2 (150-300hp) are standard with digital controls, they don't offer analog/cable. They come with integrated power steering meaning its on the motor (same as your car, 1 finger steering). The difference between that and aftermarket is no sound from a pump and you will have true power steering and not hydraulic steering. The G2 also communicates directly with with the Simrad system, so you can have all information possible about the motor through the glass display. Word has it there is an update coming to the GO5, so that you can use the auto pilot system with the Evinrude. Then if that isn't enough and you really want to see a good review of the Yamaha F200 take a look at this video. Why should you care? Go down in HP get better performance and save money on cost of motor.

As a proud yamaha owner that test doesn't pass the sniff test...o_O. I'll have to go over there and show them how to drive!

On a side note, I live right where they filmed this "test" and Boattest.com films most of their videos. I circled my neighborhood and their building below.

upload_2019-3-6_15-59-45.png

So as I wait for my build date, I keep second guessing my double bimini color choice. The boat is ocean blue with Smokey granite accent panel. I went with ocean blue bimini, but wondering if i should have done Smokey granite bimini. Any thoughts? Thanks.

So as I wait for my build date, I keep second guessing my double bimini color choice. The boat is ocean blue with Smokey granite accent panel. I went with ocean blue bimini, but wondering if i should have done Smokey granite bimini. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I think with the blackout package and your color choices, I'd go with the smokey granite bimini. I don't think you can go wrong either way, but my preference would be the smokey granite. If you didn't have the blackout package, I'd lean towards ocean blue.

yeah, hence my 2nd thoughts...just inquired with the dealer on updating to smokey granite. Thanks.

I vote for smokey granite. I think the bimini should match the accent

Yup, our Bimini matches accent, and we have blackout. Looks as good covered as uncovered .... well ... almost. ;)

As an FYI, all Evinrude G2 (150-300hp) are standard with digital controls, they don't offer analog/cable. They come with integrated power steering meaning its on the motor (same as your car, 1 finger steering). The difference between that and aftermarket is no sound from a pump and you will have true power steering and not hydraulic steering. The G2 also communicates directly with with the Simrad system, so you can have all information possible about the motor through the glass display. Word has it there is an update coming to the GO5, so that you can use the auto pilot system with the Evinrude. Then if that isn't enough and you really want to see a good review of the Yamaha F200 take a look at this video. Why should you care? Go down in HP get better performance and save money on cost of motor.

That test was a scam. I have owned the 200HP. Hope your Evinrude business is doing well.

Back