Prepping for Spring Delivery. Need to Buy Stuff.

Thank you for costing me $100! Seriously, I really do think this will be a game changer for me. I'm very worried about docking in our VERY tight slip next to another boat. With this puppy, my wife should be able to loop the outermost cleat and at least hold us in position as I swing the stern around; especially on windy days. She can even pull us into the slip if necessary. With time and practice, I hope to not rely on this, but between now and then, I'm sure this will be a life-saver! Thank you VERY much for the recommendation; I never saw it before. This forum is great!

It'll take some practice, but don't worry about docking, you'll be fine. You'll get the hang of it quickly.

But...the wife always has the boat hook in hand when arriving AND departing.

Thank you for costing me $100! Seriously, I really do think this will be a game changer for me. I'm very worried about docking in our VERY tight slip next to another boat. With this puppy, my wife should be able to loop the outermost cleat and at least hold us in position as I swing the stern around; especially on windy days. She can even pull us into the slip if necessary. With time and practice, I hope to not rely on this, but between now and then, I'm sure this will be a life-saver! Thank you VERY much for the recommendation; I never saw it before. This forum is great!
What length did you end up going with and where did you get it? I’ve been on the fence about size for one. Thanks.

What length did you end up going with and where did you get it? I’ve been on the fence about size for one. Thanks.
I struggled with what size to get also... the long one or medium one. I even broke out the tape measure and tried to simulate how far each length would reach. Ultimately, it came down to two things... storage and my ability. While I would like to have the longest one, I feared it would be too difficult to store and retrieve in my bow seats. And second, while my wife is a little tiny thing without much reach, I told myself I have to be a good enough driver to position the boat without relying on a crazy long pole... I will need to get in close enough for her to use a smaller pole. Ultimately, I bought the medium pole with standard loop in yellow directly from RS Marine. I’m glad I did... this is heavy! It’s fiberglass and way heavier than a comparable aluminum pole. So glad my wife does CrossFit! BTW, I’ll probably by an inexpensive aluminum pole as well for the days I don’t need the loop. Good luck!

Back