Privacy Curtain Install

Open the frame. Start with the zipper in front which zips from the top to the bottom. From the air it should become obvious. I also do not snap the snaps near the struts when closed. As I keep the struts to the exterior of the curtain to minimize marking. Unfortunately my Benny’s in storage otherwise I would be happy to get some photos for you.

We're looking to move south when I retire, but we plan to stay north of the allegator line, wherever that is.

Just north of Key West . ;) Just Kidding.

We live just south of Orlando and we do not swim in freshwater here. Now along the coast in salt water, much less of a problem

Thank you for this post and directions on the install. I hopefully have one on the way from the dealer.

Hopefully it goes smoothly...please let us know, as I'm sure there are many, many others out there that have been wanting this particular add-on.

Just north of Key West . ;) Just Kidding.

We live just south of Orlando and we do not swim in freshwater here. Now along the coast in salt water, much less of a problem
What about sharks?

What about sharks?

“Less” of a problem. I grew up in Miami and spent much of my youth scuba diving and water skiing. I never once thought about sharks until the movie “Jaws” came out.

I'm from the Midwest. Didn't know what a shark was until Jaws came out..

Went to Ocean City all the time as a kid, didn’t go back into water for years after Jaws came out ... :p

I am looking to buy one as well. I need it for a newer model swingback. Any one have one they don't use and want to sell?

Give this a whirl.
Not sure how I missed this response but the parts I received are slightly different than what is in the picture. I have been working with the local Bennington rep who said there are no directions for the privacy enclosure I ordered. After hours of trying to make this work it looks like I am missing the replacement vinyl piece with the handle to lift up the cushion. The rep put one on order and but that was almost a month ago. Pretty frustrated with the company so far. Dropped $425 and the season will be over over before I get all the parts in!

Well the dealer sent me some male snaps and I figured it out without too much trouble. Dealer had also given me the curtain and frame with the pistons . So all is good! - porta potty works great and stores in 2 pieces- wife loves it!
Are you able to give me the measurements of the Privacy Curtain, I am trying to find one, and I did but not sure what the measurements should be. I have the snaps for the curtain, but looking to possibly save some money and get one with Velcro for hanging. THanks.

Return of the Zombie thread! Hey... I just got a used Benny, 2011 22 SLI. It doesn't have this privacy enclosure, but all of the rivet snaps are there and you can see where old screw holes existed for a previous install. I'd like to purchase one of these but am having trouble finding one. Any idea where to get one?

Try your Bennington dealer. Could also check with a local canvas shop

Thank you for this post and directions on the install. I hopefully have one on the way from the dealer.
I got one from the dealer and did the installation myself. It took some common sense thinking & a little time. But it is done. If anyone needs Pics let me know. It is a swingback.

What is a swingback, and if you don't mind can I ask how much it was ? Thanks
It is one of the layout designs: rear platform bench that “swings” into a platform lounge like bed. See my pic below. 2017 Swingback. Not so much a “separate” line item upgrade with a specific price. It is a specific layout: SB in the model letter layouts. Hence our boat is a 24’ SSBXP: S(model) SB(layout-swingback) XP(premium upgrade).

A15A8C80-C998-49E7-84DF-19A237C53D0B.jpeg8AD7A5CE-3C96-48A3-A01D-87502832A619.jpeg5FDFA9A5-37FD-46C4-849C-88798992B54C.jpegEEDBA709-2ACA-44BF-AEAB-3F20E3B87EC0.jpegBAE282AA-BAD3-4664-94AC-3D321A9EAF13.jpeg2D2682E4-AB08-4A20-BD21-BC1FB730A3F2.jpeg7E06024F-3D3C-4250-AF2B-DE4F5E5C7C22.jpeg

Last edited:
It is one of the layout designs: rear platform bench that “swings” into a platform lounge like bed. See my pic below. 2017 Swingback.

View attachment 31051View attachment 31052View attachment 31053View attachment 31054View attachment 31055View attachment 31056View attachment 31057
Beautiful Boat !! Were you on the thread for installing the privacy curtain ? If so wondering where you purchased it and price ? If you don't mind. I have a 2017 also but no slingback !!

Beautiful Boat !! Were you on the thread for installing the privacy curtain ? If so wondering where you purchased it and price ? If you don't mind. I have a 2017 also but no slingback !!
Also, I just bought my boat earlier this year, what do you use to clean and protect your upholstery ? Yours looks brand new !!!

Back