Prop change

RodEarl74

Reaction score
so I have a Bennington Q25 with the Verado 350. Stock prop is the Enertia 17P 3 blade. Wanted a spare prop and my dealer recommends the Mercury Revolution 4 blade 17P.

Anyone have experience with this prop?

4 blades will get you a better hole shot but you lose top end. 4 blades go well with bass boats. See if they'll let you try it.

4 blades will get you a better hole shot but you lose top end. 4 blades go well with bass boats. See if they'll let you try it.
They claim better hole shot and better fuel economy! I’m going to compare it to my current prop. See how it stacks up! If I like it, I may keep it for my every day use.

I changed to a PropTech 4 blade and have been very happy with it. I wanted water sports power and it has worked well.

I changed to a PropTech 4 blade and have been very happy with it. I wanted water sports power and it has worked well.
Have you noticed any loss in top end or any increase in fuel economy?

I have not run it at WOT since I put the prop on. It did improve the hole shot and picked up 1-2 mph at the 3000 rpm cruise range. It is great for the water sports. We mostly get to a cove and anchor. What is fuel economy in a boat.:p Last year my Dad came to Lake Cumberland and we went to State Dock for him to relive memories of boating in the 70's. I stopped at Conley Bottom and put $100 of fuel in the boat. Got to State Dock and Jill bought a sweat shirt and I put another $100 of fuel in.

Love Lake Cumberland!!! Rent a houseboat tie up in a cove, the most relaxing vacation a person could ever have, IMHO!

so I have a Bennington Q25 with the Verado 350. Stock prop is the Enertia 17P 3 blade. Wanted a spare prop and my dealer recommends the Mercury Revolution 4 blade 17P.

Anyone have experience with this prop?
Rob did you ever try the Rev 4? I was thinking about switching from my Enerita to get better mid range. What was your experience?

Rob did you ever try the Rev 4? I was thinking about switching from my Enerita to get better mid range. What was your experience?
I tried it for a weekend. Lost about 5MPH in too end speed. Didn’t notice a difference in whole shot or low speed maneuvering. I keep the Revo as my spare prop and put the Enertia back on

Never heard anyone say anything bad about the Enertia.

Thanks Todd!

My friends and I had good results with mid range speed and mid range fuel economy on the Enertia ECO compared to the Enertia. It is bigger diameter. Lost 1-2 mph on top end. We were able to raise the motors one hole with the ECO.

Back