Prop Help Needed....2016 SSRX with Express Toon Package

Lakesully

Reaction score
Purchased very early spring last year when the ice was still on the lake. 2016 24 SSRX with the Express Tritoon package and a Yamaha F150. (Would have preferred the SPS but this was in my price range). Max speed with the aluminum prop (don't know the diameter or pitch and is in storage now) I am getting into the low 30's at WOT and around 5200-5300 RPM. I want to upgrade props this year and was thinking the Yamaha Reliance 14.5 x 15p might be a good fit and give better performance. Anyone have a similar setup? ThanksBennington 24 SSRX exterior.JPGBennington 24 SSRX interior.JPGBennington 24 SSRX with cover.JPG

Nice Benny.
I have a Yamaha F150 Mounted 2nd hole from the top with SPS on my 2019 22 ssrxp. I have the Yamaha reliance SDS 14.5x15p. It is perfect for my boat. Getting 39 mph WOT at 6000 rpm. Don’t know how it would work on the express toon.

15x15 Enertia (thanks Todd!) on my 24SSL (2012) with Express and strakes and a Merc 150. I used to hit 40-41, but I think the flexing in my flo-torq IV absorbs 1-2 mph. Simple enough to test by putting the old rigid hub kit back in, just haven't tried it yet. Love this prop. I think the 14.5x15p would be a good fit... That's a very popular prop with the Yamaowners.

Last edited:
I am really looking for the best all around performance. It's not too often that I push WOT.

Best place to buy the 14.5 x 15p Reliance prop???

Thanks. No longer available but will look elsewhere. Anyone heard of Propgods? Spoke with Ken. Much cheaper but not a Reliance Prop. Any thoughts? Thanks

Thanks. No longer available but will look elsewhere. Anyone heard of Propgods? Spoke with Ken. Much cheaper but not a Reliance Prop. Any thoughts? Thanks

I’ve heard nothing but great things about Ken at Propgods, but have never dealt with them. If you do some searches in the Forums, many have reported good interactions and outcomes with them. I also believe you might be able to “try out” props through them barring damage and mailing costs. Don’t quote me on that though.

I ran a 14.5x15 reliance on a R22, 150hp with ESP. The prop was good but seemed to slip in tight turns and had a narrow trim range. Changed to a 15x15 Enertia, this prop made a noticeable improvement. Less slipping, more trim range, more speed with no prop chatter. Highly recommend the Enertia.

I ran a 14.5x15 reliance on a R22, 150hp with ESP. The prop was good but seemed to slip in tight turns and had a narrow trim range. Changed to a 15x15 Enertia, this prop made a noticeable improvement. Less slipping, more trim range, more speed with no prop chatter. Highly recommend the Enertia.

Same here on the Enertia. No blowouts in turns. Far more trim range.

Got a Enertia on the 150hp and been very happy. Bought a 4 bladed prop from Propgods for the big boat. Talked to Ken, telling him what I was looking for. He recommended the prop and it works great.

I have an enertia, and have had no problems with it. It has worked great for us.

Wondering....I heard the Enertia Prop would require a Hub Kit in order to be used on a Yamaha. Also heard that it may have some ticking noise in low RPM Range but would go away as soon as RPM's were up. Anyone know for sure? I don't really want to be hearing any noise that's why I was thinking the Reliance Prop would be a better fit. Anyone?

I'm no expert, but my impression is any stainless prop with a rigid hub (and more than 100 hp) will likely chatter. You can get a flexible hub, like a flo-torq 4 for under $100. It will get rid of the prop rattle.

But, I think I lost 2 mph due to the energy absorption of the flexible flo-torq 4 hub. I plan to test that this summer by putting one of my older flo-torq 3 hubs back in and seeing what my WOT speed is.

From what I've read, Yamaha hub kits are flexible, and that eliminates the chatter. I think Andy can comment on that...

It's called SDS on the yamaha's which stands for Shift Dampening System. No chatter on mine and quieter gear engagement.

I've been really satisfied with my Yamaha Reliance prop mated with my Yamaha F150 on the back of my 2275GCW with the elliptical sport package. It's smooth as silk at idle due to the SDS hub system and is truly a bolt on and play prop IF you have a Yamaha motor. I see just a touch over 40 on the best of days at 6K and what little ventilation I find will be taken care of this spring when I lower the motor to hole #1 (from hole #2).

Highly recommended.

Nice Benny.
I have a Yamaha F150 Mounted 2nd hole from the top with SPS on my 2019 22 ssrxp. I have the Yamaha reliance SDS 14.5x15p. It is perfect for my boat. Getting 39 mph WOT at 6000 rpm. Don’t know how it would work on the express toon.
I just upgraded to a 2017 22 SSRCXP with SPS, extended rear deck, electric steering, and Yamaha 150. I think mine is the same boat as yours (but no second captain style chair and extended lounge in that area. ) So would that prop be correct for me too? It currently has an aluminum prop now with 5600-5800 max rpm's and 34 mph. Do not know stats of current prop as I get boat in another week from Benny dealer after their detail and service. How spendy is that prop? Good hole shot for wakeboarder/toys ? Thanks!

Back