Prop help

MadClayHomes

Reaction score
Looking for prop suggests for our new boat 2018 QX25 tri toon powered by Mercury Verado 350. Please state if ur suggestion is for best overall performance, top speed, etc...

Glad you found the forum madclayhomes (I’m the guy that suggested here on Facebook). Go to props and performance and read the verado mounting hole thread. Some good info there. Plenty of lucky guys here with boats spec’d like yours will chime in I’m sure.

I used to have a Harris Crowne with the 350 verado and I bought a turning point 4 blade stainless propeller and was very impressed. Lost 1 mph top end but hole shot, handling, and prop blowout in tight turns improved greatly.

Last edited:
Glad you found the forum madclayhomes (I’m the guy that suggested here on Facebook). Go to props and performance and read the verado mounting hole thread. Some good info there. Plenty of lucky guys here with boats spec’d like yours will chime in I’m sure.

LOL - And I’m the one who ditto’d your suggestion Jb. Small world.

great boat and great motor choice! Like others have said, go to the link above and check out all the data..

Best all around prop for my set up is the Enertia 14.5 x 17p that the boat came with!

Looking for prop suggests for our new boat 2018 QX25 tri toon powered by Mercury Verado 350. Please state if ur suggestion is for best overall performance, top speed, etc...

I have 2018 QX25 with a Mercury 400R that came with a Mercury Enertia 15 dia by 15p prop, which currently gets me in the 51-52 mph range.
I'm going to try a Mercury REV 4 blade with the same dia and pitch as my Enertia. I'm told I'll get an improved hole shot, and with customization/fine tuning of the prop, rake and cup, will potentially get me in the 55-56 mpg range.
Looking forward to trying it out !!

I have 2018 QX25 with a Mercury 400R that came with a Mercury Enertia 15 dia by 15p prop, which currently gets me in the 51-52 mph range.
I'm going to try a Mercury REV 4 blade with the same dia and pitch as my Enertia. I'm told I'll get an improved hole shot, and with customization/fine tuning of the prop, rake and cup, will potentially get me in the 55-56 mpg range.
Looking forward to trying it out !!
I have a similar boat but with the 350 Verado. I’ve tried the Revo 14.5 x 17p prop on mine. Actually lost 3-5MPH at WOT and couldn’t notice a difference on whole shot.

I went back to the Enertia 14.5 x 17P I think it’s the best of both for my boat. Great whole shot and she tops out at 50.6 MPH on the GPS.

I tried a 15 by 16p and lost speed, RPM's (6,900 to 6,600 rpm) and reduced my hole shot. Went back to my 15 by 15p.
I'm told with the proper prop tuning. I wont' have the reduced speed you mentioned......I guess I'll find out in a couple of months

I tried a 15 by 16p and lost speed, RPM's (6,900 to 6,600 rpm) and reduced my hole shot. Went back to my 15 by 15p.
I'm told with the proper prop tuning. I wont' have the reduced speed you mentioned......I guess I'll find out in a couple of months
You may be right.. My primary concern isn't top speed. We cruise at 30-40 most often

I have a similar boat but with the 350 Verado. I’ve tried the Revo 14.5 x 17p prop on mine. Actually lost 3-5MPH at WOT and couldn’t notice a difference on whole shot.

I went back to the Enertia 14.5 x 17P I think it’s the best of both for my boat. Great whole shot and she tops out at 50.6 MPH on the GPS.

Where do find the sweet spot is for your trim setting? I was playing with it this weekend and blowing the prop out anything above 1. I’m in the third hole with the 17 Enertia as well. I’m going to play around with it a little more today . I’m still in the break in mode...

Where do find the sweet spot is for your trim setting? I was playing with it this weekend and blowing the prop out anything above 1. I’m in the third hole with the 17 Enertia as well. I’m going to play around with it a little more today . I’m still in the break in mode...
Mine is mounted in the top hole. I can trim it to about 4.5°-5.0° for best top end speed.

Mine is mounted in the top hole. I can trim it to about 4.5°-5.0° for best top end speed.

You able to change the units to degrees? I’ve just read the manual and didn’t see the option

Think I may have found the setting...High Resolution Trim

Think I may have found the setting...High Resolution Trim
Yes. As long as you have the Mercury Smart gauges.

Press and hold the mode button and the + for a few seconds. You can change so many of the gauge settings.

Yes. As long as you have the Mercury Smart gauges.

Press and hold the mode button and the + for a few seconds. You can change so many of the gauge settings.

Yes on the SC1000 Smart Gauges.

Back