Prop lock......

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Okay I finally ordered a prop lock for my current boat. It's going to be stored on a lift in a No Wake zone near a popular cove where golfers have to hit over the water/boats to the green. So alot of boat traffic will be going by. For my Mercury 150 I ordered the McGard 74039 from Walmart.com. $62.99. Free 2 day shipping.

Does anyone or any boats ever get hit ?

Smart and cheap insurance. Mine is still holding up after 7 seasons.

Does anyone or any boats ever get hit ?
The 1st time in that cove when we first moved to Lake Norman my wife asked me...... Do you think we can get hit by the ball here? I told her that somebody has to really shank one about 75 yds. out of the way. No way!!! Well of course one landed about 10 feet from us later that day. Pull up the anchor!!! I'm sure some boats have been hit......

Okay I finally ordered a prop lock for my current boat. It's going to be stored on a lift in a No Wake zone near a popular cove where golfers have to hit over the water/boats to the green. So alot of boat traffic will be going by. For my Mercury 150 I ordered the McGard 74039 from Walmart.com. $62.99. Free 2 day shipping.
Peninsula Club area or Trump National ?? Been on them both many times, but wouldn't hit your boat. Lol

Peninsula Club area or Trump National ?? Been on them both many times, but wouldn't hit your boat. Lol
16th hole Trump National. The dock we are using is right below the word Charlotte in the pic.Screenshot_20210327-141944.png

You are in the high rent district. Kent Court. Lucky you.

Last edited:
You are in the high rent district. Kent Court. Lucky you.
Ha! You hit it right on the nail! Beautiful home and neighborhood! But to be clear I don't live on Kent Ct. That's where the slip/lift is. We live about 6 minutes away. The blue dot on the map......Screenshot_20210327-230914.png

I can see how moving down that channel you could be hit .

The 1st time in that cove when we first moved to Lake Norman my wife asked me...... Do you think we can get hit by the ball here? I told her that somebody has to really shank one about 75 yds. out of the way. No way!!! Well of course one landed about 10 feet from us later that day. Pull up the anchor!!! I'm sure some boats have been hit......

My brothers house was just to the right of the driving range at Prestwick in Myrtle Beach. His house looked like a hailstorm hit it. After a good weekend, the backyard looked like it snowed. I still have a bag of balls I collected after just one weeknight. LOL!!!

I can see how moving down that channel you could be hit .
There are usually boats between that fairway where the #16 is and the green where the sand traps are. That's about a 210-225 yard shot. Most golfers hit their 2nd shot to the left fairway. But alot of golfers go for the green in 2 on this par 5 over the boats! High risk high reward!!!

My brothers house was just to the right of the driving range at Prestwick in Myrtle Beach. His house looked like a hailstorm hit it. After a good weekend, the backyard looked like it snowed. I still have a bag of balls I collected after just one weeknight. LOL!!!
It must get old for him to have his house get hit all the time. Maybe the range can extend the netting or something.

It must get old for him to have his house get hit all the time. Maybe the range can extend the netting or something.

Nah, he moved, it was the next persons problem ... LOL!!!

Back