Prop Recommendations

Jakester

Reaction score
Hello All -

I have a 2010, 2275 RLI, with performance package (non-ESP) and a 225 HP Yamaha 4 stroke. I'm curious as to the type of prop (pitch/diameter) people are running with this (or similar) configurations? Maybe someone from Bennington would be willing to comment with a recommendation??

Thank you.

Hey Jakester. What are you trying to acheive? The most improtant thing whaen proping a boat is to acheive the proper rpms at WOT. What is your current setup?

Hey Jakester. What are you trying to acheive? The most improtant thing whaen proping a boat is to acheive the proper rpms at WOT. What is your current setup?
Just wondering what others are running. I run a 14.5 x 17 SS prop (MW Ballistic) that runs about 5900 rpm. The prop works fine but the boat porpoises badly (see my other post). The only way I can eliminate this is by trimming down so much that I lose about 10 mph. So I guess the answer to your question would be that I'm trying for best top end with no porpoising. Pulling tubes and higher loads are not much of an issue with the 225. I'm not sure how much the prop contributes to the porpoising problem but I may try something different to see if it helps.

Thank you.

Okay now I remember. Personally I am not a big fan of Michigan Wheel props. I had one on a previous boat many years ago and it did not seem to preform well. I noticed on the Yamaha web site they used a 18p Reliance series and had good results. Do you have a local prop shop that can let you try differant props? We have one here and the guys there are pretty good. If you would like I can give you there info and see if they have any recommendations before you spend alot of money.

Back