Prop size

Ian Stanley

Reaction score
Hi

I have had my G series 2075 here in UK for 10 years and whilst would love a new or nearly new tri-toon I have decide to totally re-furbish my current craft and upgrade engine from 50hp four stroke Honda to a new 100hp 4 stroke Honda. What prop size and pitch should I be looking to spec ? help please !
thanks

Ian in UK

Just a guess I would think a 13.5 x 11 pitch or a 13.5 x 13 pitch, just be sure you have a way to read your max rpms and at full throttle with a light load you can reach the max rpms the engine is recommended to go. not reaching max rpms with the wrong prop will Not get the best performance out of your boat.

Hi, Thanks for the reply, so now trying to narrow down my options, the stainless blade options available are 13.25 or 13.75" dia and 13, 15, 17 or 19" pitch, thoughts ? I was thinking 13.75" & 15 pitch but I am not expert thankyou Ian

The 13.75 x 15 will be way to big (pitch ) I am sure I would try the 13.25 X 13 first. I would try to go to a boat dealer that sells props and will let you test them prior to purchasing one. even if it cost you a few more dollars for the prop. Testing several props is the ONLY way to know which prop is the best for your boat. Most of the time most people put to big on prop on there boat and then complain about the poor performance.

thankyou for that, sent your link to my dealer and let us hope Honda UK are willing to help !

thanks again

Back