Prop talk

BKB

Reaction score
I have a 2016 22 foot with triple toons, lifting strakes and an f150. The motor came stock with the k series aluminum prop from yamaha and I'm wanting to switch to stainless (I'm not big on aluminum)....I'm reading on here that the go to stainless setup for my class boat and motor for performance and speed is the enertia 14.5 x15 with the torque hub adapter.....has anyone else had experience with my particular setup and has different info on the matter or am I on the right track with what I'm reading?

I have a 2016 22 foot with triple toons, lifting strakes and an f150. The motor came stock with the k series aluminum prop from yamaha and I'm wanting to switch to stainless (I'm not big on aluminum)....I'm reading on here that the go to stainless setup for my class boat and motor for performance and speed is the enertia 14.5 x15 with the torque hub adapter.....has anyone else had experience with my particular setup and has different info on the matter or am I on the right track with what I'm reading? I will add that the current setup with the aluminum k series prop I have with myself and the wife will trim out and run around 39-40 mph now.

You want the 15x15p Enertia with the Flo-Torq IV hub kit and a Yamaha adapter. There are many on here that use a Yamaha Reliance prop also with the SDS hub.

My boat came with a 14 1/2 x 15 Reliance 6100 rpm. switched to a 14 1/4 x 17 Reliance 5800 rpm 40 mph. Plus reliance with the SDS hub is the best for Yamaha prop chatter.

Back