Propeller selection of 22 LFB with SPS and 200 HP Mercury

Hartwell Ski

Reaction score
First, thank you for all the great information throughout this site. I’ve searched the forum and can’t find my specific situation. I am about to order my new Bennington and I am looking for some guidance on propeller selection - any help?

2021 L (LFB with SPS package).
200 hp Mercury v6 4s. Mercury power steering.
South Carolina (Lake Hartwell)
Will usually have 4-6 adults onboard

looking for good overall performance for tubing, and general handling. Not a speed fanatic.

Thanks.

I can appreciate the ideas in the prop selector visual above. However, I am SHOCKED that Enertia props were not dominating the list. The Enertia line of props on the Mercury’s give amazing performance.

I have a 200 Mercury Verado Pro (the 6 cyl with the supercharger). If you browse the forums here over the last 5 or so years, I would wager that those with 150-250 HP Mercuries have typically seen their best and most predictable performance on the Enertia props. Especially those on the S and G series, which the new L series is basically the of new version of the SXP series we have. Plenty of other good props too, but Enertia seem totally dialed with these Mercury motors and size tritoon configuration you will have.

Specifically for your boat, I’d start with the 15p Enertia, knowing that I may decide to drop down to a 14 or move up to a 16p Enertia (Maybe the slightest of chancues of possibly needing the 17p Enertia, but I highly doubt it). I am very confident you will be dialed in with that three Enertia prop pitch range, and be 100% dialed in on that configuration.

I would arrange in advance with the dealer to water test each of those one at a time, with the ability to go with the best. The first time you have one that is hitting 5900-6000 RPMS at WOT, then you will have dialed in which size Enertia prop you want to go with.

For reference, I have a 24’ SSBXP SPS 200 HP Mercury Verado Pro. Basically a 2’ longer boat version of what you will have. Came with a 16p Enertia, but I had some RPM’s left on the table and I was not dialed in.

Dropped to a 15p Enertia and that dialed me in at RPM’s (5950 RPM’s at WOT), and improved my MPH by about 3-4 MPH over the 16p. Since adding Sea Legs in 2019, my RPM’s have dropped about 200-250 when at WOT. I probably could switch to a 14p Enertia now, and dial myself back in. However it is not worth the expense to me as my performance is stlll pretty rock’n for my boat even with my Sea Legs.

Last edited:
I can appreciate the ideas in the prop selector visual above. However, I am SHOCKED that Enertia props were not dominating the list. The Enertia line of props on the Mercury’s give amazing performance.

I have a 200 Mercury Verado Pro (the 6 cyl with the supercharger). If you browse the forums here over the last 5 or so years, I would wager that those with 150-250 HP Mercuries have typically seen their best and most predictable performance on the Enertia props. Especially those on the S and G series, which the new L series is basically the of new version of the SXP series we have. Plenty of other good props too, but Enertia seem totally dialed with these Mercury motors and size tritoon configuration you will have.

Specifically for your boat, I’d start with the 15p Enertia, knowing that I may decide to drop down to a 14 or move up to a 16p Enertia (Maybe the slightest of chancues of possibly needing the 17p Enertia, but I highly doubt it). I am very confident you will be dialed in with that three Enertia prop pitch range, and be 100% dialed in on that configuration.

I would arrange in advance with the dealer to water test each of those one at a time, with the ability to go with the best. The first time you have one that is hitting 5900-6000 RPMS at WOT, then you will have dialed in which size Enertia prop you want to go with.

For reference, I have a 24’ SSBXP SPS 200 HP Mercury Verado Pro. Basically a 2’ longer boat version of what you will have. Came with a 16p Enertia, but I had some RPM’s left on the table and I was not dialed in.

Dropped to a 15p Enertia and that dialed me in at RPM’s (5950 RPM’s at WOT), and improved my MPH by about 3-4 MPH over the 16p. Since adding Sea Legs in 2019, my RPM’s have dropped about 200-250 when at WOT. I probably could switch to a 14p Enertia now, and dial myself back in. However it is not worth the expense to me as my performance is stlll pretty rock’n for my boat even with my Sea Legs.

If "top speed" is the selected goal in the prop selector, then the Enertia makes the list.

I didn't put that as the goal in my previous post, based on the last sentence Hartwell Ski posted in his thread opener.

Thanks so much for the great information and taking the time to respond.

If "top speed" is the selected goal in the prop selector, then the Enertia makes the list.

I didn't put that as the goal in my previous post, based on the last sentence Hartwell Ski posted in his thread opener.

Still surprised as both hole shot and WOT are great with the Enertia’s. Do you think it is just a price point thing; as in the ones on the list are all cheaper in cost, but then sacrifice hole shot and WOT as opposed to perhaps a more expensive Enertia?

Still surprised as both hole shot and WOT are great with the Enertia’s. Do you think it is just a price point thing; as in the ones on the list are all cheaper in cost, but then sacrifice hole shot and WOT as opposed to perhaps a more expensive Enertia?

Probably tailored more towards low to mid RPM cruising with fuel economy in mind, would be my guess.

Probably tailored more towards low to mid RPM cruising with fuel economy in mind, would be my guess.
Might take some flak for this, but:

If one is focused on trying to squeeze fuel efficiency from a 6cyl 200HP, then they should really get a different motor. That’s not what those 6 cyl and 200 horses were built for...they were build to RUN.

Last edited:
Might take some flake for this, but:

If one is focused on trying to squeeze fuel efficiency from a 6cyl 200HP, then they should really get a different motor. That’s not what those 6 cyl and 200 horses were built for...they were build to RUN.

I'm not disagreeing with you on that!

Plus 1 on the enertia - friends we take out are always shocked at the hole shot and frankly wot on our boat. “Not your grandpas pontoon” is what I hear all the time

Back