Proper boat lifting method

Sean A.

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm new to the forums, and this is my first post. I'm loving the forum so far!

Anwyays, we recently purchased a 2275 GLI with a 115 HP. (We love the boat so far!)

Our current boat house uses lifting slings. We spoke with the dealer about lifting our new toon with the slings, and he said it should be ok as long as we lift the logs 18" from the rear, and at the helm (where the toons are solid). He suggested that we eventually purchase wider slings (we currently have 4" slings, and were looking to upgrade to the 8" slings). Our current setup does have pulleys on the sides, so no "inward pressure" would be applied to the side walls of the toon.

I did some research online..and most people said it was a better idea to convert the hoist into a "cradle lift". We decided to check with Bennington directly, to see what they recommend. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

Hello All,

I'm new to the forums, and this is my first post. I'm loving the forum so far!

Anwyays, we recently purchased a 2275 GLI with a 115 HP. (We love the boat so far!)

Our current boat house uses lifting slings. We spoke with the dealer about lifting our new toon with the slings, and he said it should be ok as long as we lift the logs 18" from the rear, and at the helm (where the toons are solid). He suggested that we eventually purchase wider slings (we currently have 4" slings, and were looking to upgrade to the 8" slings). Our current setup does have pulleys on the sides, so no "inward pressure" would be applied to the side walls of the toon.

I did some research online..and most people said it was a better idea to convert the hoist into a "cradle lift". We decided to check with Bennington directly, to see what they recommend. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean
Hi, we do not manufacture or recommend a specific lift and we are not lift experts! However, it is important to support the pontoons at all major bulkheads, including stern endcaps, center bulkhead and forward at the nosecone bulkhead. With this in mind, cradle or bunk support would do the trick. We are not lift experts! Please contact a qualified lift maker for assistance!

Hi, we do not manufacture or recommend a specific lift and we are not lift experts! However, it is important to support the pontoons at all major bulkheads, including stern endcaps, center bulkhead and forward at the nosecone bulkhead. With this in mind, cradle or bunk support would do the trick. We are not lift experts! Please contact a qualified lift maker for assistance!
Thank you for the reply.

-Sean

Sean:

Welcome to the world of Bennington. Nice place here to visit and learn from people who have the same brand. The beauty of the deal is when you find a problem, you can come here and possibly find somone who faced the same and has already came up with a solution.

Once again, welcome.

I tried to purchase a cradle that supported all 3 pontoons but the doozie dealers at the lake said this would not work with my ESP package. I think it had to do with the center elliptical tube and the lifting strakes. He suggested the lift that has two 2X6 boards that go up between the pontoons and lifts the deck. The boards run practically the entire length of the boat and its seems to work fine. Just not sure of the "dangling" pontoons because they are not supported.

Back