Props for 23SSRX SPS W/ YAMI 150?

kkruse1035

Reaction score
From reading this forum it appears that a 15p stainless is the best prop for my 24' 23ssrxp w/ YAMI 150hp & SPS toons.

I will be doing a lot of tubing and skiing with the boat.

Has anyone had good experiences with Solas or Turning point? Should I go with a four blade for watersports?

If you have a rig similar to mine, please post what your using and performance numbers. The boat came with a 17p 3 blade Solas (I am thinking it might not be the right one).

Thanks!

Have have a 23 R series ,SPS with a 150 .I use a 15 X 15 Enertia

The 17p sounds a bit high, and the 15p sounds more like it for your 150. Diameter and pitch are certainly both variables to connsider. What are your RPM’s at WOT?

I think a 3 blade is fine, but since I have a different motor I’ll leave it to others here with a similar set up to give more advice.

Post your details in the link below to get some additional feedback. Also read over the posts in that thread and you very well may find numbers on your set up.

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/threads/list-your-specs-here.755/page-12#post-127900

Running a 14.5 x 14 Reliance on my F150 2375GCW ESP. What RPM’s/MPH are you getting at WOT? Should be close to 6000 when lightly loaded.

Thanks, I think it is maxing at about 5500.

I can get a Solas Rubex NS3 14.5x15 SS at overtons right now for about $200.

Wondering if that would be a good prop? Should I just pop for the enertia or reliance?

Thanks

I have a Mercury. If you had a Merc, I would 100% say go with the Enertia. That props awesome with our motor! No extra hubs, or anything with the Mercury/Enertia combination. That said,

For your Yamaha, I’d say go with the Reliance. There are some other props people rave about, but the Enertia’s and Reliance are the most commonly recommended props. Everyone that I know with one or the other has gotten great results once they have the right proper size (pitch/diameter), and motor hole mount height, dialed in.

Both props work great! However, I don’t believe you have to get anything extra if you go with the Reliance on your Yammy. Thus, that recommendation.

Another here with the reliance in a 14.5x15. Love it. I keep it safe with a prop lock as well.

I have a 14-1/4" dia. x 17 pitch s.s. 3 blade Solas New Saturn prop on a 22SLX, Yamaha 150VmaxSHO with twin ellipticals, strakes and wave shield. 2 people, 25 gallons of fuel and GPS 43 mph @ 5700. Not the same boat as yours but may be somewhat helpful information for you on the 17 pitch Solas and 150hp combination.

OK, got the 14.5x15 Solas NS3.

I get 36mph at 6000 rpm good hole shot and bow lift (small amount of chatter trolling).

With the 14.8x 17 Solas I got 41mph at 5500 rpm.

Both with just 2 people and half tank of fuel.

What top speeds are you getting with the reliance or enertia?

OK, got the 14.5x15 Solas NS3.

I get 36mph at 6000 rpm good hole shot and bow lift (small amount of chatter trolling).

With the 14.8x 17 Solas I got 41mph at 5500 rpm.

Both with just 2 people and half tank of fuel.

What top speeds are you getting with the reliance or enertia?
I have 2019 22SSRXP SPS with an F150XB with a Reliance SDS 14.5 x 15. Today I was running with 5 people a puppy 3/4 tank fuel and the Bimini open. Got to gps 36 mph at 5800 RPM WOT. I believe if I had 2 people and the Bimini buttoned up I would have hit 40mph.

How are Solas props? They are less than 1/2 the price of a Reliance prop so I’m highly considering trying one out. Overtons is running a 25% off sale now as well and they have the prop I would need.

I’ve had great luck with Solas props. I’ve ran the 3 and 4 blade aluminum.

I’ve had great luck with Solas props. I’ve ran the 3 and 4 blade aluminum.
I pulled the trigger and purchased a Solas prop. Do I need the Solas hardware kit as well? I’m thinking not but wanted some advice from someone who knows more. First time changing a prop. I am going from a Reliance prop. The hub kit is included with the Solas prop.

What solas prop did you go with? Results? I am happy with my 14.5x15 NS3 paired to my Yami F150. However, may try a reliance or enertia next season.

I went with a Solas New Saturn 14.25X17 SS prop. No issues with the install. Definitely notice an audible difference at low speed/no wake conditions compared to my Reliance prop with the SDS hub.

In regards to speed, I picked up 2-3 MPH in the mid-range, which is where I normally run. Top speed is down but I don't know if that's due to dirty toons or the prop. I need to swap back to my 14.5X15 Reliance prop and do a top speed run for a comparison. My top RPM did drop more than I was expecting, so I know that is playing into the top speed.

Back