Protecting New Seats

PJandTPM-Bay

Reaction score
Just bought 188SLV Pontoon. Should I plan on treating my new seats to protect again stains, UV Rays, insect gunk, etc. An "ultimate marine" protection plan is offered but extremely pricey. The boat will be covered the majority of the summer as we are weekend warriors only. It will also be used only in fresh water. What is best product for treating seats? Should I plan on treating seats immediately?

The new Simtex vinyl does not require anything.

If you have Simtex seats no protection is recommended. This was hard for me as we used 303 products extensively on our last Bennington. We wipe the Simtex seats down with water and sometimes use Ivory dishwashing detergent and lots of elbow grease for those pesky spider droppings.

Last edited:
Just bought 188SLV Pontoon. Should I plan on treating my new seats to protect again stains, UV Rays, insect gunk, etc. An "ultimate marine" protection plan is offered but extremely pricey. The boat will be covered the majority of the summer as we are weekend warriors only. It will also be used only in fresh water. What is best product for treating seats? Should I plan on treating seats immediately?
If you have the standard vinyl, most people prefer the 303 protectant. If you have the Simtex, no treatment is needed. Just wipe it down with a soft, lint free towel to keep it clean. If soiled, follow the link SemperFi posted with the Simtex (BennTex) upholstery.

Back