Ptm Edge offer for a group buy.great deal if you've been looking for a mirror.

I just have to ask and I'm not trying to be negative at all. I love hearing the recommendations from folks here and have heard great advice throughout. I just have a hard time justifying that cost for a mirror. They do look top notch, well made and even look like original equipment. I've tubed many folks for a lot of years and never had a mirror. Always had many look outs and was always extremely careful. Just don't know that I need one, especially at this price. Are they worth it if you don't plan on tubing a lot, as I probably won't at this stage in my life. Thanks.
My 2 cents. I like dragging the kids around on a tube. I'm careful as well and always have a spotter. I just like to make sure I know immediately if there are other boats coming up behind, when the tube is outside of the wake, and if someone falls off. There seems to always be a lag time from my spotters to tell me these things. Basically, my boat and I'm responsible for the safety of my passengers and especially the kids.

Now for the mirror, I've used other mirrors over the years on my last boats. I was never happy with them. They broke, were difficult to position, sometimes fell off, and would come loose when running. I agree the mirror is expensive, but if the reviews are right (and I have no reason to doubt this), it is very good quality and should last as long as the boat. For me, it will also be something I can adjust easily, and can leave on the boat and won't have to install when I want to use it. I'd rather spend more money for a mirror that will last and work well and easily, then for one that will break after 1 - 2 seasons and be a hassle to use. In my head, I'm amortizing the cost over about 10 years. Also, I did search for other mirrors that were less expensive, but did not find any I actually liked and wanted to buy.

Now, if I did not pull anyone on a tube/skis, or rarely did this, I would not buy a mirror at all.

I will post my own review when I receive the mirror and actually use it.

Mike

I do not pull tubes or skiers and it's usually just the two of us on the boat. My wife is usually reading and I like to know my surrounding while driving, especially boats or PWC's coming from behind. And...……………..it looks cool. :cool:

I just have to ask and I'm not trying to be negative at all. I love hearing the recommendations from folks here and have heard great advice throughout. I just have a hard time justifying that cost for a mirror. They do look top notch, well made and even look like original equipment. I've tubed many folks for a lot of years and never had a mirror. Always had many look outs and was always extremely careful. Just don't know that I need one, especially at this price. Are they worth it if you don't plan on tubing a lot, as I probably won't at this stage in my life. Thanks.

Why yes it is expensive, I agree a bit over the top. However, it does appear to be the perfect match & fit for the boat. Since I have opted to spend what I did on the Bennington, well a couple $$ did not seem too out of line. As for the need to look back, just like the option for situational awareness.

Good feedback everyone. Honestly, if I was tubing kids like I did in my heyday I would have loved this. And given the great reviews I still may get it because as you all have said its much better to know what's coming up on you. Sometimes the waverunners and other boats come up fast and quiet. Thanks all for the feedback.

I said I was tempted......
It’s in my shopping bag/cart.
Everything I read has been nothing but positive glowing reviews. Still having a bit of inner turmoil trying to justify $200 for a mirror.

You feckers have taken me down this road before. So, I can see the future. I’m gonna wind up getting it.

Good thing installed Wi-Fi, A/C, and heat in the doghouse this past winter.

I said I was tempted...

You feckers have taken me down this road before. So, I can see the future. I’m gonna wind up getting it.

Remember, it’s easier to ask forgiveness than permission ....

I said I was tempted......
It’s in my shopping bag/cart.
Everything I read has been nothing but positive glowing reviews. Still having a bit of inner turmoil trying to justify $200 for a mirror.

It is called "group think" and I too have been subject to the lure of the forum :)

Are they worth it if you don't plan on tubing a lot, as I probably won't at this stage in my life. Thanks.

It's definitely not a "must-have" in my book but we believe it's an investment in safety of those we're pulling behind our boat. My opinion is this is a "nice-to-have" item. The price is a reflection of the craftsmanship. I have no regrets.

Perfect. Thanks :)

Attachments

• 179294EB-905F-4545-B305-26CCBB268F47.jpeg
    179294EB-905F-4545-B305-26CCBB268F47.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 9BC36EA5-8977-4AFC-8D7C-119E088775F0.jpeg
    9BC36EA5-8977-4AFC-8D7C-119E088775F0.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 77
  • FB1BD489-382C-4F11-ADEE-B466420882F7.jpeg
    FB1BD489-382C-4F11-ADEE-B466420882F7.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 76
Back