PTM Mirror mounting location

Paradise bound

Reaction score
I need a little guidance here I purchased the the PTM larger mirror, figuring I would get a wider view of what's behind, I have a 23 RSB with the double bimini package when I first installed near the center of the console I found it gave me a huge blindspot to forward my starboard (right) and the rear view wasn't a full picture ,I do have the elevated helm console so I'm wondering if that might be a issue also or am I just mounting it in the wrong location .

Last edited:
I have the PXR-100 ,here is mine on an RCW .First pic may give you a better idea of the location
upload_2019-4-10_4-52-43.png
upload_2019-4-10_4-52-3.png
upload_2019-4-10_4-51-17.png

You're welcome,anytime .

Mounted mine today. This seemed to be the best position. Clears the top and can still fold down.

Attachments

• 963604B8-7A3F-43D4-BA68-5309982CC6E5.jpeg
    963604B8-7A3F-43D4-BA68-5309982CC6E5.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 58
I use a Crown Royal bag over the mirror when folded down to help prevent scratching .

I have my eye on the PTM Mirror too. I have read lots of good reviews but glad to know some people who actually have it on a Benny. Can you give your thoughts on the mirror? Do you like it? Did you consider the larger mirror Pro or did someone say it was too big and you went with the smaller mirror? We will be doing a ton of skiing and boarding as we have 8 in the group and someone will always be behind the boat. Also, I really prefer the PXR rather than the UCX... I was hoping it was stable and didn’t move after being mounted. Not crazy about drilling into the console. Does the folding feature work well too? Nice to know you can fold it down when not in use. Oh yeah, love your idea of the Crown Royal bag! Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
I would buy it again even without the discount . I went with the small because we dont ski or tube .
I did not have to drill into the rails .I bought the "Clamp On " model .They do include loctite for the screws

I would buy it again even without the discount . I went with the small because we dont ski or tube .
I did not have to drill into the rails .I bought the "Clamp On " model .They do include loctite for the screws
Thanks Jack! Really appreciate the information. Do you think the larger size would be better for a lot of skiing or would it be too big and obstruct view in front.

For skiing I would check into the larger size.
I was concerned with folding it down and I wanted it covered by the cover .So I did not considered the larger at the time .If the time comes to purchase a new one ,I will take some measurements and check into the larger size .

For skiing I would check into the larger size.
I was concerned with folding it down and I wanted it covered by the cover .So I did not considered the larger at the time .If the time comes to purchase a new one ,I will take some measurements and check into the larger size .
Thanks again Jack for your help!

Yes, thanks. I saw that on another thread. Very nice to have that. Going to order mine tomorrow.

The PTM mirror is very good for water sports. It will give you a very wide view of the activities behind. Unfortunately it is large and does restrict your view ahead. You do have to look around it to see all angles ahead. It will retract but does take a little effort. The crown bag is a great idea. I would definitely recommend it. Even with the small inconveniences.

Back