Purchased New Boat Last Thursday

As you can tell I am partial to the 22' SSRXP. Love this boat as usually wife and I she loves her captains chair! The only thing I missed out on was the extended aft. Really a nice option if you want to mount a grill or something back there.

Bob -

Two Enduro’s with the 900 ACE is a great set up. Our GT SE has the 900 ACE. It is our favorite sled for comfort, consistency, ease of use, etc. We can run that thing in conditions that our other two 2-strokes just overhead in. Our other two are a ‘15 GSX with the 800 e-tec, and an older ‘08 500 SS TNT 2-stroke Carb. They are both quick and FAST, but just not the same comfort and consistent reliability in all conditions.

If we got another sled (or eventually replace our other two sleds) I would take a close look at the Enduro’s, or the Renegades, 4 strokes only. In particularly I’d be very interested in the new 900 4 stroke turbos they Sk-Doo put out this year. I’m thinking give them a few years to work the kinks out of them, and maybe sell 1 or both of our 2-strokes and get into one of those.

I loved the long post... Love hearing folks stories, plans, etc... By June it can be boating stories on our amazing Benningtons!!!

Hello,
We are also new to this forum as well as a virgin pontoon owner. My wife and I purchased our new boat at the milwaukee boat show on a Wednesday night Bob & Sandi. Really looking forward to Spring!! We went with the 20 SSRX specifically for the passenger co-captains chair. My wife and I will be cruising together mostly and wanted the intamacy of a conversation without having to twist and turn to hear each other. So, we ordered the tritoon with the 115 hp Yamaha, SPS sport package, extended Aft deck, docking lights, tilt steering, dual battery cut-out, ski tow bar and 1 extra cup holder.
Also have a question about boat lifts for a tritoon. I am not sure how much this model# boat weighs. Is there a preference for a rack or bunk system? My dealer can get me a used Shorestation 4000# vertical lift. Has anyone had or have the Shorestation Tritoon Rack system they sell that lifts from under deck?
thanks
Rick

Welcome Rick! I'll get it out of the way by asking you to post some pictures once you take command of her this spring. I think you're really going to enjoy your new Benny. As for your question regarding hoists, I'm going to leave it to those with one to share their thoughts.

If you ordered the SPS, but why not the 150?

Hello,
We are also new to this forum as well as a virgin pontoon owner. My wife and I purchased our new boat at the milwaukee boat show on a Wednesday night Bob & Sandi. Really looking forward to Spring!! We went with the 20 SSRX specifically for the passenger co-captains chair. My wife and I will be cruising together mostly and wanted the intamacy of a conversation without having to twist and turn to hear each other. So, we ordered the tritoon with the 115 hp Yamaha, SPS sport package, extended Aft deck, docking lights, tilt steering, dual battery cut-out, ski tow bar and 1 extra cup holder.
Also have a question about boat lifts for a tritoon. I am not sure how much this model# boat weighs. Is there a preference for a rack or bunk system? My dealer can get me a used Shorestation 4000# vertical lift. Has anyone had or have the Shorestation Tritoon Rack system they sell that lifts from under deck?
thanks
Rick

I got a 21’ but not tri toon. Got the shore station 4000#lift with the toonrails. I like how it all operates, and would highly recommend. Not sure how close we were to the 4000# and don’t know if the third tune would push the weight up all that much. If the weight works out, I would go for shore station.

Congratulations Rick on the new boat. Always exciting!

I honestly don’t know the weight of your boat. That should be quick and easy for your dealer to find out for you. I always advise people to make sure they have ample excess weight capacity on their lift. Keep in mind that if you have company, gear and a full tank of gas, that all of it will sometimes be “on the lift too”. I know many that will hang out on their boat like a lakeside deck at times as well. We certainly do sometimes. Thus, if affordable, I’d advice having that kind of excess weight capacity. That’s what we did, and we feel more secure as a result.

We have a different brand lift, but the Shorestation lifts have a great reputation, and I believe those on here with them really like their set ups. If we had not went with our brand, I was leaning towards a Shorestation originally. Good luck ironing out those details.

Congratulations Rick on the new boat. Always exciting!

I honestly don’t know the weight of your boat. That should be quick and easy for your dealer to find out for you. I always advise people to make sure they have ample excess weight capacity on their lift. Keep in mind that if you have company, gear and a full tank of gas, that all of it will sometimes be “on the lift too”. I know many that will hang out on their boat like a lakeside deck at times as well. We certainly do sometimes. Thus, if affordable, I’d advice having that kind of excess weight capacity. That’s what we did, and we feel more secure as a result.

We have a different brand lift, but the Shorestation lifts have a great reputation, and I believe those on here with them really like their set ups. If we had not went with our brand, I was leaning towards a Shorestation originally. Good luck ironing out those details.
Thanks for the info on the weight. Wasn't thinking about what would be on the boat when put on lift.

Great points by Viking. We did that calculation, and not sure where we landed around the 4000 # max, but everything and all paperwork for me is “up north”, and my memory is terrible. But even if slightly over capacity, I beleive the capacity is lifting capacity, and so that depends on the setup and how you use it. For our boat, we lift up to stablize the boat on the lift(actual lifting weight in water is less than weight of boat and occupants) and everyone exits, then we lift all the way up (we can’t get off the boat if all the way up). We do lounge on the boat on the lift once in a while, but I think the lift limit is actually the motor limit while lifting, so sitting there is no problem (I lower boat to height we want to lounge, and leave it there). Boat 1is actually bit heavier than our Bennington and we’ve had for 6 years. Same lift capacity. Use it the same way, and no issues to date. I’ll be up north in the next couple weeks if you’d like a few details on my lift capacity and calculations.

Also, I do remember we got 26’ canopy which was a good size for our boat and motor. If you get a canopy, make sure it covers from front to over engine.

Also, I do remember we got 26’ canopy which was a good size for our boat and motor. If you get a canopy, make sure it covers from front to over engine.
thanks, my dealer suggested the same 26' size to cover the extended Aft deck and motor.

Congratulations on the new Bennington! I'm sure you will love it!

We bought a 21' SSRX with pretty much the same setup as you have...SPS w/ 115hp Yamaha, etc. We have a 4000lb DAKA lift and it handles the boat without issue.

Congratulations on the new Bennington! I'm sure you will love it!

We bought a 21' SSRX with pretty much the same setup as you have...SPS w/ 115hp Yamaha, etc. We have a 4000lb DAKA lift and it handles the boat without issue.
Thanks JandKE, We can't wait!!! How do you like the co-captain chair? My wife is excited to sit in a nicer seat next to me. Does your lift have the triple bunks or Rack system?

As you can tell I am partial to the 22' SSRXP. Love this boat as usually wife and I she loves her captains chair! The only thing I missed out on was the extended aft. Really a nice option if you want to mount a grill or something back there.
We ordered the extended aft deck. while at the boat show I had the opportunity to climb up the ladder and back in the boat on the short deck and thought the room on the extended deck was easier to get on and off.

We ordered the extended aft deck. while at the boat show I had the opportunity to climb up the ladder and back in the boat on the short deck and thought the room on the extended deck was easier to get on and off.

The extended aft deck is probably one of the best options offered (barring motor/tube combos). It gives the boat so much more usability. I’ve debated on putting a basic fishing chair floor mount back there just so I can sit down when I fish ... it was a MUST HAVE when we built ours.

Thanks JandKE, We can't wait!!! How do you like the co-captain chair? My wife is excited to sit in a nicer seat next to me. Does your lift have the triple bunks or Rack system?
We love the co-captain's chair! It makes it easy to have a conversation while cruising. And since my wife is only 5'2", she uses the portable bow gate seat in front of the port-side doorway as a footrest! My lift has triple bunks.

Back