Purchased New Boat Last Thursday

Thanks JandKE, We can't wait!!! How do you like the co-captain chair? My wife is excited to sit in a nicer seat next to me.

Re: co-captain chair......we did not get that and sorry we didn’t...good choice to do so.

Hello everyone, I am in the process of trying to make a deal on a new Bennington G series. Has anyone purchased the E Z cover and sea legs for thiers??

Good luck wrapping up your deal on a G-series. I’m excited for you as you try to close the right deal on the right boat.

There are a couple of posts form the past on the EZ cover, but cannot remember if people were bantering about “looking into it” or if someone had it. Do a search on them and see what you find.

LOTS of posts regarding Sea Legs. Very mixed views from many members: some LOVE them, some do not, and some are concerned about them but don’t have them. I thought about them off and on the last few years, so I’ve been really tuned into those conversations or a part of them. I have thus far not added them, and probably wont at this point. However, they totally intrigue me for ease and simplicity.

Search in the upper top corner for “Sea Legs” and you will come across many posts the last few years.

Good luck wrapping up your deal on a G-series. I’m excited for you as you try to close the right deal on the right boat.

There are a couple of posts form the past on the EZ cover, but cannot remember if people were bantering about “looking into it” or if someone had it. Do a search on them and see what you find.

LOTS of posts regarding Sea Legs. Very mixed views from many members: some LOVE them, some do not, and some are concerned about them but don’t have them. I thought about them off and on the last few years, so I’ve been really tuned into those conversations or a part of them. I have thus far not added them, and probably wont at this point. However, they totally intrigue me for ease and simplicity.

Search in the upper top corner for “Sea Legs” and you will come across many posts the last few years.
Pulled the trigger!!!

Congratulations! Exciting times, and a long wait, ahead. Looking forward to pictures someday when it comes in.

Congrats and what are you using the boat for? Hopefully not watersports with a 115.

Received an e-mail from our dealer today, our SSRXP is scheduled to be built on 3/22. I 'm happy to hear that the boat is going to be built this soon but it is about 1 1/2 to 2 months earlier than what we were originally told. At least the dealer will have it when we will want it.

I was just thinking that I was going to ask about making a change the captains chairs, guess that is now out of the picture.

Going to have to hustle in getting a trailer ordered. I figured I would order around the 1st of April as the delivery would be 4-6 weeks out, just about the time the toon would be delivered. Oh well best layed plans go up in smoke again.

Dealer did say that they would keep the shrink wrap on until we are ready.

Was up north last week to snowmobile and this what we found. We had to come home early due to giant ice dams, had some water coming in.

Going to be a while, 3 feet of snow and been told 3 ft of ice and a foot of slush.

Bob

IMG_0362.jpg

Last edited:
Its melting real good over here in Michigan.
Don't melt all that snow too fast......Don't want to flood us out down here!! Our rivers are already at their banks!

Got a call from my dealer last Friday that our new boat was delivered, not bad for ordering the boat on Feb 1. I was told that the boat would be rigged in about a month due to a back log. This is OK with me as the trailer won't be here until at least the end of the month, I would have ordered the trailer earlier if I would have known that the boat was going to be here this early. I didn't want the trailer sitting around and my truck is still in storage, I don't use it until I know all the salt is off the road and the salter just went down the road about 15 minutes ago. We currently have one of those freek spring snow falls going on again. Local weather is calling for 1-2 inches of snow tonight and then 1-2 inches of rain tomorrow.

Have an appointment with dealer on Friday to finish the paperwork but I am trying to figure out how "not" to sign on the bottom line until the boat is fully rigged and checked out. The boat is currently in the dealers storage lot with the shrink wrap on it and I don't want to remove it until the boat will be rigged.

Ice is just starting to come off the lakes up north as I have seen some water along the shore linea on a local web cam. It looks like the ice will be off for the opening day of fishing this year, I would never of thought that for this year as the ice was 3 ft thick and 3 feet of snow a month ago. All of the lakes around Milwaukee are open but water is still a bit to cold to go out on. I want to be able to go out in my little boy pants and a t-shirt.

I will post pictures once we pick the boat up.

Bob

Back