Purchasing first pontoon, wondering if this build is appropriate.

I’m trying to find a privacy enclosure for our sslx.

We like the changing room on this one. Liked it on our last one. You can’t always dip into the water to relieve the bladder.

Privacy enclosure is a non-negotiable option for the wife so that stays. It's also the reason I had to eliminate some manufacturers as their enclosures were not adequate or private enough.

The aft deck extension. I picked this floorplan because it looks to have decent room back there already (18") and a fair amount more room in front of the boarding ladder...maybe 18" isn't enough (insert dick joke)..?

Rub rail, lowering cleats and Simrad are going to be added.

We have the extended rear deck and love it. It is particularly useful for tubing, fishing etc.

Do you need gates on both starboard and port? Having only on port side definitely increases seating, but based on your docking setup may be required. Did you look at the cost increase to go to the G series? I personally just found the seating and helm a little nicer, although the S series has definitely come a long way since I bought my first toon. I think your options look great, I agree about the elevated helm and upgraded chair. I would not get the cooler / table as most just found it in the way a lot. With that layout the privacy enclosure isn't that bad, still lots of storage. I think the 200 is definitely enough motor, you can buy bigger, but it won't be lacking at all. Congrats!

Agree with many of above comments especially extended aft deck and GO5. I LOVE both of those options (I added GO5 on my own but it does use different helm panel). Bear in mind the GO5 is not the greatest visual fish finder but is awesome at mapping.

Regarding the seagrass flooring, I don't think you'll have any problem with sand. We have the bamboo, which is similar and haven't had any problem keeping it clean. I'd suggest making a trip to your dealer to see an extended aft deck. We really like and use ours. With regard to the pop-up cleats, I wish we had them (purchased off of dealer lot) but in two years no one has stubbed a toe yet. The raised helm is definitely worth it! Regarding the ice chest, the problem I see is that you need to bring a cooler to get the stuff in the ice chest to begin with, so I never really understood the concept behind "built-in coolers". But, it looks like you have a nice build to begin with and really like your colors. Enjoy the process and pictures when delivered!

I think there is money to be made in starting a pontoon consultation company. It is scary spending what we do on pontoons and we really want to get it right. It looks to me you are building a really nice toon.

I agree with many above, especially Vikingstaff’s list.

*However, Not sold on the sharkhide. I am upstream from you on the mighty Mississippi. Your toons will show they have been used on the river so honestly I would just accept that fact.
*Regarding the command link, I passed on this and I also passed on the Digital Electronic control. I believe the mechanical has been improved and was told the difference in feel between the two is not as much as it had been. It is also a lot of money. Looks like about $2k for your build. Furthermore, the Bennington gauges to me are better looking.
*Extended rear deck is a no-brainer. Got to do it.
*Pop up cleats also really nice. Just ask my toes!
*I have the removeable 52” ski pylon so I can remove it and the kids can run around on the rear deck and use the Lilly Pad diving board which I would Suggest you consider. I have used my pylon for towing tubes and skiers without any issues.
*Also, on the river, Sea Legs are really nice if you do plan on beaching a lot given the current but they are spendy. I had them on my last one but skipped them on my new one since I went from a twin to a Tri-toon thus felt that for $7500 I can ask somebody to help me push it off the sandbar.
*I also agree with spending money on the stereo upgrades. I did some aftermarket stereo stuff on my last one but then I didnt have the nice warranty. My new one I did the Roswell upgrade. To me music is like motor size...worth upgrading.
*Never ever used the wash down on mine and we spent a lot of time on the sandbar.
*Recommend not buying the refreshment table. It will be in the way, especially with kids. Get a good cooler that you can load with ice and stuff then wheel down to the boat and park it by the port side door or up front for a footrest.
*Go with the woven vinyl flooring. It is really nice. Use a leaf blower to deal with the sand. Works great.

I hope you have fun with your build!

Just a note on Sharkhide. It won’t do much for the toons underwater, but it WILL keep them looking nicer above water. Even if we get 3 years of our toons looking “like new” above water, it’s worth it.

I’m going on four years on this factory shark hide and possibly thinking of sticking it out this year yet an polish next winter. My boat is a trailer queen though so take that into consideration.

Pop up cleats are one of those cheaper options if you like clean lines. Over 10 years they cost me a buck or two a month... :D
and now I don’t have to be concerned with stubbing a toe (which I have done a couple times over the years).

Congratulations on finalizing your order. It’s a nice build! It’s tough to finalize the order, and commit to a set of options when there are so many possibilities. Now the waiting begins.

Absolutely add the extended rear end. It is so much easier docking and dealing with skiers and tubers and their ropes.
Digital controls are nice, but a luxury. I cannot remember ever seeing any except the standard OEM pinnacle control.
Like I said earlier, our cooler/coffee table is just in the way. Spend the money on a premium cooler that is easier to carry around and keeps ice longer.
The double bimini is great but not on a fishing toon. It gets in the way of casting with a rod and reel.
I have the regular ski bar, and it is strong and expensive enough. Tubers cannot use tow bars as tubes have a tendency to fly with no weight on them--as high as 30 feet. Tubes need a special harness mounted to the rings on each side of the engine down low.
Otherwise, you are good to go.

Just an FYI I got by with only bow and stern gates. The other was covered by the bow gate seat. (Eventhough it was a port gate seat)

Back