PWC docking next to my Pontoon

Larson1865

Reaction score
I just purchased a Sea Doo GTR 215 to use with my Bennington.  Yesterday we were on the lake with the two.  Any recommendations on the best way to dock and transfer passengers next to each other without dinging them.  The water is still too cold to jump off and use the ladder here in Minnesota.  Considering bumpers, pads anything.  Just curious.

Depends on how rough the water is. Bumpers will just move around. Last year I was on my ski pulling up to talk to a neighbor on his toon and mine just wouldn't stop. I had to bail and put myself in between the ski and his boat. Still made a slight bump but would have been worse. Maybe if the boat is off, reverse the PWC towards the ladder. Obviously easier said than done though!

The best way I've found is to tether a line off the back of the jet ski to the rear or front of the boat. And you want to give the line extra slack so the skis will float away from the boat. This works well, whether the water is calm or choppy. Then when your ready to ride the ski, just pull it toward the boat and jump on and start it. As far as picking up passengers, just back the ski up to what ever side of the boat that is the calmest and have the passengers step on to the ski. Takes a little practice, but it's much better than trying to tie the ski next to the boat.Many times we have two or three skis tied to the boat. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TRY THIS FIRST. Good luck.

When we had our jet skis they didn't come anywhere near the boat (Old bowrider or Benny) if we were in the main channel or any choppy or rough water. Only when we were in a No Wake zone cove anchored hanging out we would tie up close and we would use 2 throw pillows in between. Never had any damage......

Just slow & go is what we do, the mild taps we have done have not really left any marks

Back